Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WP Bakery Visual Composer massively slowing down admin side of website.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Alistair Cowan
    Participant

Please help – The admin / design side of the wordpress website with the DynamiX theme has slowed down massively. I turned off all plugins, then turned on the Theme plugins one by one. It was the Visual Composer that is the problem. My site seems to rely on the shortcode that works through visual composer, yet I can’t work at the pace it allows when turned on. Could it be a) conflicting with a server setting, or b) conflicting with a plugin (though I have tested it without any other plugins, and it still slows the admin side of the site down.) The fronted (the side the customer sees) is absolutely fine.
    Please help,
    Alistair.

Alistair Cowan
    Participant

ps. the site is http://www.rollercoasterband.co.uk

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alistair,

Visual Composer should not affect the admin so much that it really slows things down. It is a large plugin and you may need to up your server memory but it shouldn’t be that much of an issue.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Alistair Cowan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Alistair Cowan
    Participant

Alistair Cowan
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alistair,

I have figured it out. There is no issue with your server, site or Visual Composer. It is Flickr.

When adding Flickr to your site, it will slow things down. It is not due to the server, theme or WordPress but Flickr itself. Many developers have complained about this but we think they have done it so that users navigate to their site rather than viewing images on their websites. Very frustrating but there is nothing we can do about this unfortunately.

If you are not using Flickr on your site, I recommend removing the plugin and taking out your Flickr username code from Appearance > Theme Options > General > Flickr User ID.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.