Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WP Custom Menu and Grid Gallery will not display aligned in same row

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Lynn Foley
    Participant

Hello Andy,

My colleague and I are rebuilding our products page to make it mobile friendly. We use the portfolio for entering our products and the grid gallery to display them, so for each product update we only have to make the change in one place (one of the big reasons we moved to WordPress and Dynamix).

On each product page, we want to set it up so that we have a row, 1/4 + 3/4 , with a WP Custom menu in the 1/4 on the left, and grid gallery (2 or 3 slides/row depending) on the right. However, when we do this, the grid gallery gets pushed down/displays below the main row the menu is on, even though they’re technically part of the same row. I tried deactivating plug-ins and nothing affected it. We really want them to display in the same row, so that people do not have to scroll down the page as soon as it loads to get what they came there for.

I searched the forum but didn’t see anything referring to a similar issue posted elsewhere. What can we do to fix this? As it is, we have to chose to keep one (Custom menu or grid gallery) and lose the other – either way means constantly updating multiple pages to keep the whole site up to date, which defeats the purpose of having out “new” site.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention!
    Warmly,
    Christy & Lynn

Lynn Foley
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

There appears to be a “clear” element in between the columns and that’s what is making it move to the next line. Please check there is nothing in the “text view” that’s causing this.

If you can’t spot anything untoward there, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

Lynn Foley
    Participant

Thanks! I checked The text view for all of the elements on the page that have it, and it’s all very straightforward.

I then went into the portfolio and checked the text view of the three products listed. Each one of them is a “single image” up top and text below; I did consolidate rows however. No effect.

Then I took out the reveal toggles (entered as code into text view, not as the toggle container). Actually I just deleted the /[] around them so I don’t have to copy/paste in the whole lines again. That didn’t affect the alignment either.

I’ve got a bunch of text decoration and links (to make the add to cart buttons links, etc.) — none of that should have an impact on it, correct? I’ll post the login info in a private post below.

I appreciate all the support!
    ~Christy

Lynn Foley
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lynn,

It has to be something within those posts. If you select a different category it displays fine. The only thing I can suggest is creating a new category and re-creating the posts, one-by-one to see what maybe cause.

Lynn Foley
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, I could not replicate exactly that result. Only 2 of the categories align correctly, and the similarity between these two categories is that they each only have 2 items assigned to them. For example, try “books” and set the grid gallery to 3 columns. If you set it to 1 column or even 2, the alignment issue reappears (it doesn’t work). Therefore it looks like it’s something about the grid gallery and the number of items in the category plus the number of columns that causes the “clear” thing to come up. Any category that has 3 or more items in it will not align properly, and the 2 with only 2 will only display properly when the no. of columns in the grid gallery is set to 3 or more. Otherwise, having tried removing images, links, formatting, etc., I can find no element that causes the problem consistently across categories.

Any other thoughts? Since I have more than 3 in nearly all my categories, it’s not something I can work around in order to use these features on the site.

~Christy

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Christy,

So strange, I’ve not seen it before and it’s not been reported.

Can you post your FTP details please, I’ll try to fix this directly on your server as I can’t seem to replicate it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.