Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WP Customer Area

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • paragonedge
    Participant

I am having problems with the interaction between WP Customera Area and Dynamix.

After having recently updated customer area, the home page after logging in is no longer displaying correctly. I was using a ‘grid builder’ option within visual composer but rather than showing 6 images in two rows with three coloumns, it is now in a single coloumn and off the left of the page. I tried replacing it with a ‘slider revolution’ instead, but that doesn’t show at all. These things work fine on my site outside of the customer area pages.

I am using the Dynamix theme (the theme, visual composer and slider revolution have all recently been updated to the latest versions and I am using the latest version of wordppress).

When I deselect the ‘use skin’ box within the Frontend Settings area of customer area, the Gridbuilder/slider revolution show fine, but he menu doesn’t display correctly anymore. It seems like there may be some sort of problematic interaction between Dynamix and the WP Customera Area Plugin – in the past it has worked fine.

website http://www.right2rent.co.uk.

Could you please advise on how to fix the problem?

Hi,

Can you please send over your site’s login credentials so we can personally check the issues you specified?

Thanks!

paragonedge
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

ilanopo
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @paragonedge

Can you add the grid builder into the homepage again so we can see the issue you described on your initial ticket?

From how you described the issue, it definitely points to the WP Customer Area as the culprit as the issue only happened after you updated the plugin. I am not quite familiar with this plugin as well. Can you please elaborate what it does? Is it really vital to your site?

Thanks!

Hi @ilanopo

Can you please specify what these login credentials are for?

Thanks!

paragonedge
    Participant

Hi,

Firstly, sorry I referred to it as a grid builder but in fact it is called a ‘grid gallery’. It should be showing in two rows with three columns in each row, but instead is all just showing in a single row (with 5 columns – missing out the final image).

I have also updated the page to include the revolution slider which isn’t showing at all – it shows on pages outside of the customer area.

the customer area plugin provides a private login area for members and is an important feature of our website. It enable sprivate pages and files to be viewable by members only.

The page link to the relevant page is: http://www.right2rent.co.uk/customer-area/dashboard/. It is the page that you are directed to immeidately after logging in.

I think the problem has in fact been caused due to recently updating the dynamix theme and the revolution and visual composer plugins. These are all things we only updated a couple of weeks ago and we have been having problems since then (we hadn’ tupdated for a long period of time before that).

thanks,

paragonedge
    Participant

Also, the formatting on the following page is messed up: http://www.right2rent.co.uk/customer-area/login/. The buttons and text below int eh login was previously central but isn’t anymore and is off to the left and uctting it off. .

Thanks,

Hi,

You actually mentioned on your initial ticket that the issue started when you updated the customer Area plugin. Can you please give us permission to disable the plugin for a short while so we can personally check if the site’s formatting issues that you pointed out will be fixed without the plugin interfering?

Thanks!

paragonedge
    Participant

Sorry my initial ticket was not very clear. The problem started when we updated the theme, but I was trying to explain that I had also updated the customer area plugin but the problem had continued!

It is fine for you to disable the plugin.

We have noticed that if we use a different ”template’ within the plugin it appears to not interfere with the formatting issues, but unforutnately the other templates are not very useful to us as they then introduce other things (such as forcing us to show our blog or remove the menu etc.

Thanks,

Thanks for elaborating. There is possibly something on that template from that plugin that is breaking the site’s layout.

Since we do not particularly know the plugin as we did not personally code it, it’s best to coordinate with the plugin support team specially if it’s a premium plugin so that they can investigate on the issue. If there are any changes that need to be applied to the theme, we’d be glad to check on it for you.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.