Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WP- Dictionary

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Outpost12 Studios
    Participant

Hi again, Andy and everybody else!

I am having some problems implementing the Word Press dictionary into my site. I tried enabling the WP Custom menu under the General settings, but that just makes my dictionary my main nav for my entire site! Which is definitely not what I want. 🙂

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Amanda

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda,

I’ve not used WordPress dictionary, what is it supposed to do? Once you’ve enabled WP Custom Menu, you will need to configure the menu under Appearance -> Menus. See documentation for more information.

Outpost12 Studios
    Participant

It’s basically a widget that allows you to enter custom words into a dictionary for your site. Users click on a letter and all the words that start with that letter populate beneath the widget (or menu, I guess).

http://www.annedorko.com/wpdictionary-2

In other themes, you configure it as a menu and then you can assign it to a page (I think). Since Dynamix supports only one custom menu, does that mean I can’t use this widget? What do you think? I’ve also reached out to the developer to see what she thinks.

Thanks so much for your time!

Amanda

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You can add Custom Menus to the Sidebar ( Appearance -> Widgets ) with this, but if you assign it to the main menu, it will replace the menu.

Outpost12 Studios
    Participant

Okay- Is there any way to place a custom menu in the main content of a page?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You can add via a short code – e.g.

[listmenu menu_id="ID_OF_MENU_HERE" /]

Outpost12 Studios
    Participant

Okay great. Thanks for all your help! I think I can figure out the rest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.