Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WP E-commerce Feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Webnames.ca
    Participant

Great to see support for this plugin. We have a lot of clients interested in it. We've started playing around with it and have noticed a few minor issues with display/compatibility and wanted to provide some feedback.

• Firstly, if anyone is thinking of using WP E-commerce, there is a nag message at the top of the screen suggesting you move the WPEC files to your Theme folder. Don't do this. One or more of the files completely messes up the display of the cart in the pull down header and there's no apparent way back.
    • If the Shipping option is switched on there is a display issue in both the pull down and sidebar widget cart that shows the shipping cost before the Shipping Label
    • The Product Page does not respect the Sidebar configuration option. It always displays the sidebar with border, even if you select "Borderless"

None of these are major issues and I'd be interested to hear whether anyone can corroborate any of these. I suspect the addition of WPEC will make this theme even more popular and wanted to say thanks for deciding to include support for it.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, as you know I'm keen to hear and want to keep developing it further. I'm going to setup a seperate layout config for WPEC so that should help with the borderless option. 

I'll also look into the shipping issue aswell. 

Webnames.ca
    Participant

Thanks Andy. Another very minor issue is that the cart buttons don't respect the skin setting and always appear black (Dark Grey).

Webnames.ca
    Participant

WPEC short codes (eg [add_to_cart=147]) do not render in "non-content" areas. At the moment we've only tested adding a short code to the sidebar (in a Text Widget) and the WPEC "Additional Description" field. This may be an issue with WPEC rather than Dynamix and we haven't corroborated this by testing with another theme.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.