Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WP E-Commerce Tutorial

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Matt Hartwell
    Participant

Loving the versatility of the theme so far, but I've started working with the wp e-commerce plugin and im wondering should there be any styling on the main shop page and product category pages? Single product pages, the checkout, and the mini cart button appear to be styled. Is there more to integration then activating the plugin?

Would be great to see a full tutorial on how the nurburgring-drivers shopfront was created. 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'should there be any styling on the main shop page'?

The nurburgring drivers site is mainly using galleries. If you notice under Galleries Data Source now you have products – so you can add products into any gallery and place the galleries where you want them. 

Matt Hartwell
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I managed to get the  product showcase working much like the demo site. Only problem is that if i delete the productspage shortcode on the main store page, and just use the postgallery_grid shortcode then it plays havoc with my urls. My bbpress forum index for example treats the first forum as a post and displays it on the forum index, rather than a list of forums. Many other pages go to a 404 error. Seems to be a permalink issue. I tried deactivating bbpress and a bunch of other plugins to no evail. Every time i made a change i saved the permalink structure twice. Should i be keeping the productspage shortcode, or do i get rid of it to create the products grid gallery?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure why it would have that affect. If you only require the gallery then just use the gallery pulling in the products – it may not like referencing the products twice .

Matt Hartwell
    Participant

Thing is, the wp ecommerce site explicately states that the shortcode can't or should not be removed as of 3.8. Not sure if that applied to previous versions, so I dont know how to get rid of its output.

Also just with breadcrumbs I seem to be getting some strange output.

Rather than – Home / Store / Product Category / Product

Im getting – Home / Site Name / Product Category / Product

Breadcrumbs work flawlessly everywhere else, such as with the bbpress plugin.

How do i turn "Site Name" just into "Store". Ive looked at the breadcrumbs.php in  the /lib/inc folder of the theme, and also breadcrumbs.class.php in the /wpsc-includes folder and tried replace variables with actual text but it doesnt seem to fix it. I'm thinking this is the relevant code…

function wpsc_output_breadcrumbs( $options = null ) {

// Defaults

$options = apply_filters( 'wpsc_output_breadcrumbs_options', $options );

$options = wp_parse_args( (array)$options, array(

'before-breadcrumbs' => '

',

'after-breadcrumbs'  => '

',

'before-crumb'       => '',

'after-crumb'        => '',

'crumb-separator'    => ' » ',

'show_home_page'     => true,

'show_products_page' => true,

'echo'               => true

) );

$output = '';

$products_page_id = wpec_get_the_post_id_by_shortcode( '[productspage]' );

$products_page = get_post( $products_page_id );

if ( !wpsc_has_breadcrumbs() ) {

return;

}

$filtered_products_page = array(

'url'  => get_option( 'product_list_url' ),

'name' => apply_filters ( 'the_title', $products_page->post_title )

);

$filtered_products_page = apply_filters( 'wpsc_change_pp_breadcrumb', $filtered_products_page );

// Home Page Crumb

// If home if the same as products page only show the products-page link and not the home link

if ( get_option( 'page_on_front' ) != $products_page_id && $options['show_home_page'] ) {

$output .= $options['before-crumb'];

$output .= '' . get_option( 'blogname' ) . '';

$output .= $options['after-crumb'];

}

// Products Page Crumb

if ( $options['show_products_page'] ) {

if ( !empty( $output ) ) {

$output .= $options['crumb-separator'];

}

$output .= '' . $filtered_products_page['name'] . '';

}

// Remaining Crumbs

while ( wpsc_have_breadcrumbs() ) {

wpsc_the_breadcrumb();

if ( !empty( $output ) ) {

$output .= $options['crumb-separator'];

}

if ( wpsc_breadcrumb_url() ) {

$output .= '' . wpsc_breadcrumb_name() . '';

} else {

$output .= '' . wpsc_breadcrumb_name() . '';

}

}

$output = $options['before-breadcrumbs'] . apply_filters( 'wpsc_output_breadcrumbs', $output, $options ) . $options['after-breadcrumbs'];

if ( $options['echo'] ) {

echo $output;

} else {

return $output;

}

}

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You could set the following to false but i'm not sure at the moment how to set to a different name. 

'show_home_page'     => true,

You're best bet is to look on the wpec support forums as it will be universal across the themes. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.