Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WP MU Mapped Domain Image Failure

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Sped
    Participant

Hi guys,

Nightmare scenario… !

Just got ourselves into launch – all systems go.

Built the site as Andy may recall, via WP Multisite (Additional sites built under) sub folders.

Just dropped our old site today, parked and mapped the domain, awaited propagation and boom – No images!

All revolution slides work fine but all under visual composer do not. For hours I thought it was htppd.conf allowoverride all issue or htaccess.

Then, I looked into a multisite that was half built – prior to 3.0: All images work fine!

My problem is because the visual composer creates shortcodes example:

imageeffect image=”1854″ align=”aligncenter” target=”_self”

We have lost:

img src=”/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/04/my-image.png” alt=”” width=”250″ height=”300″

Multisite is clearly not finding the images to display them.

I could go through each page and edit as text but we are talking about 60+ pages, a couple containing 50+ images! And this would certainly cause page edibility issues down the line.

I’ve just dropped my sales site and hopped onto new billing system the whole she-bang so, can not even revert back. Rather anxious and seriously hoping Andy & Co or a theme user can pull me out of the creek with some ideas or a solid work around ASAP.

Here’s hoping (With crossed fingers and toes)…..

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Sped,

Do you have a link to your site so we can see exactly what is going on?

You could re-upload those images into those directories if you havent already? Download them from wp-content/uploads and you should be upload it to the new server.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Sped
    Participant

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply,

The server/site hasn’t shifted. Images work fine under mytld.com/sub-site/ But once domain is mapped its not reading the image shortcode visual composer creates correctly.

Re-uploading therefore does absolutely nothing as the same/similar shortcode is created by VC.

No link as we can’t go live without images. I don’t think I can PM here any more as I would have sent you a temp login?

Sped
    Participant

This must be a mapping issue & I have posted the same info @:

If I check the links being generated from the images that are not being displayed I can see that this is how the links are being affected.

my-site.co.ukhttp//my-master-mu-dom.co.uk/my-site-sub-folder/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/02/my-image.jpg

Thought this may help?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sped,

You can set the post to private now when you reply ( Set as private reply ) and this will only allow admin to see your details.

What happens when you disable the “Image Resizer” via Appearance > Theme Options > General?

Sped
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It looks fantastic mate, congrats! I’m glad that sorted out the issues too 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.