Home / Forums / ePix Support / WP Slimstat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Michèle DC
    Participant

Another challenge here… 🙂
    I’m used to work with this WP Slimstat which gives the opportunity to track the visitors according to country.
    This is important to me as it enables me to select the languages I would select for translations of the site.
    However, whenever installed & activated I get a message error that it failed to open stream or directory…
    Is there a problem of compatibility with this plugin?
    If yes, what is your advice for a similar one?
    Thanks in advance!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have not heard of this plugin before but it may not work with the latest update to WP. Can you test one thing for me please? Activate the standard WP theme twenty fourteen, try to install the plugin and let me know if it works or not.

That way, we can rule out whether it is the theme that is doing it or not.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

Good morning Tom!

Just tried with Twenty Fourteen but it generated a mess… I’m not sure if it is due to the theme or to the fact everything is placed in a subfolder… (was told when learning WP it was better to create a subfolder to increase security…)

So… exit WP Slimstat… shall try to find a similar plugin to replace it.

But just for info, that plugin seems to be still working with Twenty Fourteen on my other website.

Greetings

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Not sure who told you that but it is not best to create your site on a subfolder.

The theme should not be conflicting with the plugin. It may be because it is on a subfolder with other plugins conflicting too.

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.