Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WPBakery Visual Composer Drastically slows down site – Proof

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
  • BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Using the P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) plugin, it has been determined, as I suspected in an earlier thread that WPBakery Visual Composer drastically slows down my site. Its takes up way more than all of my other plug ins put together at 61%. Please see results here:
    P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) – 0.0241 sec – 0.68%
    Advanced Excerpt – 0.0834 sec – 2.34%
    Affiliates Pro – 0.0719 sec – 2.01%
    Affiliates WooCommerce Integration Light – 0.0027 sec – 0.08%
    Autoptimize – 0.0168 sec – 0.47%
    Better WordPress Minify – 0.1109 sec – 3.11%
    CDN Sync Tool – 0.0130 sec – 0.36%
    Event Espresso – Calendar – 0.0866 sec – 2.43%
    Espresso Multiple – 0.0041 sec – 0.12%
    Espresso Recurring – 0.0024 sec – 0.07%
    Event Espresso – Social Media – 0.0071 sec – 0.20%
    Event Espresso Volume Discounts – 0.0077 sec – 0.22%
    Event Espresso – 0.1420 sec – 3.98%
    WPBakery Visual Composer – 2.1786 sec – 61.06%
    MyMail – Email Newsletter Plugin for WordPress – 0.0934 sec – 2.62%
    Revolution Slider – 0.0472 sec – 1.32%
    Tweet old post – 0.0219 sec – 0.61%
    Visual Form Builder – 0.0119 sec – 0.33%
    Welcome Email Editor – 0.0020 sec – 0.06%
    Woocommerce Gateway Paypal Pro – 0.0162 sec – 0.45%
    WooCommerce – 0.3362 sec – 9.42%
    Wordpress Seo – 0.2201 sec – 6.17%
    Wp Compress Html – 0.0047 sec – 0.13%
    WP-DBManager – 0.0112 sec – 0.31%
    WP Smush.it – 0.0276 sec – 0.77%
    Wp Super Cache – 0.0242 sec – 0.68%

How can this be reniedied please?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is a complex plugin for the admin, it has a lot to do. I presume this is a report for the admin rather than the front end of your website? It won’t affect the front end like that just the admin as it has a lot to handle.

Kind regards,
    Tom

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Hi Tom

It actually does slow down the site. When will there be an upgrade? The site version is Version 3.6.14.1 whilst their upgrade is View version 3.7.3 details. which is obviously quite a difference.

Using GTMetric.
    With the plug in: Page load time: 8.26s
    Without: Page load time: 3.17s

I look forward to your response

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The update for DynamiX is very close to being released. We are working hard to get it released. It will also include the latest version of Visual Composer. Please could you reply with the URL to your site so I can do some quick tests? The demo site is still running on the old version and is running as quick as normal.

Kind regards,
    Tom

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Tom

I’ve just upgraded the theme and it has completely killed my site with a specific fatal error referring to the same plug -in. This is now intolerable. This is affecting sales. No upgrade of plug in either

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPBakeryShortCode_VC_Row::buildStyle() in /home/ [REMOVED]/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/vc_templates/vc_row.php on line 39

I look forward to your immediate solution.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If there is a purple message, asking for an update, go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Purple box, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Please let me know if this works for you. If not, please reply with your login details and set your response to private, and I will take a further look into this for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, we are working hard to fix any issues caused.

Kind regards,
    Tom

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Any update Tom? I’m literally stuck until this is sorted.
    Cheers

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just logged into site, clicked the purple box and installed VC. Seems to be all working now.

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Tom

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Cheers Tom for your fast response. There was definitely no purple box on this end (I don’t know why this would be?).

I have just done a GTMetric Test and there is now almost half requests generated than before upgrade.

So my final question is… should we expect to go through this saga every time an upgrade is required? 🙁

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is just a case of removing it and re-installing it. Unfortunately, ThemeForest have new rules that mean that you cannot build in plugins to the theme they must be separate hence the annoyance of removing and re-installing to update.

Kind regards,
    Tom

James_s2k
    Participant

Hi, We had a few load issues also but we worked around them, we coded gzip compression into our ht,access file on the server and installed the w3total cache plugin and used page cache and few other settings. this brought our load speeds from 4-5 seconds to around that of 0.9 to 1.5 seconds. however we have never had many issues regarding the visual composer when not using it. Please not that we also run on our dedicated server and that access to server files on shared servers isn’t always possible. ask your hosting service for help

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Thanks for the advice.

Kind regards,
    Tom

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Hi James

Thanks for your response. I’ve actually done all that you have listed above and still at 4 – 5 secs unfortunately. And I agree. Problems arose only when this plug in was introduced to an otherwise great theme.

Understood, re restrictions, Tom. But kinda feel would have been better off without it.

Cheers

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

As you can see from the test by Pingdom here, the main time to display the page is coming from the Wait from your server. What hosting company are you with? They seem to be quite slow compared to other companies.

As you can see on Pingdom here, the DynamiX demo site is very speedy at loading and has minimal wait time from the server. The demo site is also not running any cache plugins.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.