Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Michèle DC
    Participant

After installing WPML, and determining the language settings, I have one message saying languages are missing in the theme i.e. ePix theme.
    Ideally would use 5 languages. How should I go to work? Already could download the .mo files for ES & NL but not for FR, ITL & ENG … should I duplicate these files & copy them under folder ‘languages’ of ePix?
    Can you pls tell me how I can fix this?
    Thanks in advance for the help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

WPML should allow you to create translation right off the bat. It should automatically detect the .po file and you should be able to translate to any language from there. Unfortunately we cannot translate to every language hence why the plugin is used.

If you are having issues, I recommend checking out their documentation and support.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

Good morning Tom!
    Thanks for reverting.
    Yes, it is a fact I’m translating right from front edge.
    My concern was that in the multiple WPML setting I saw messages the .mo files were not detected… and wanted to make sure it would not raise problems further up the road 🙂
    I managed to get hold of two of the languages .mo files needed & transferred them via FTP … en via their doc their seems to be a problem with their links for .mo iro italian & french…
    Meanwhile I’m proceeding with my translations.
    But thanks for looking into this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.