Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Wrong image sizes – much too big for gallery slide

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi,
    Since the update, my gallery slides won’t show their content properly.
    The images that are in my 3D gallery are displayed in a way too big size.
    I can’t find where to resize the images or set the slide to display the whole image and not just a part of it.
    Any ideas?

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

The problem seems to be at 3D galleries and accordion galleries only…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

Do you have the Image Resizer turned on within your Theme Options? Appearance > Theme Options > General > Image Resizer.

Do you have a link to the page your gallery is on so we can take a further look?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is that I cannot see anything in the theme option menus. All tabs (general, header, etc.) are blank. No content and adjustable settings there. 🙁
    Maybe that’s the problem, that if I would have the menus of the theme options as they suppose to be, I could setup the image preferences.
    Any idea?

I switched my galleries from 3D to normal stage, because it looked very awkward.
    But if you want to see what it looks like, let me know, then I switch back to 3D.

Thanks!
    Kind regards, Florian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

If you cannot see the Theme Options it sounds like you have a plugin conflict. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find the culprit.

Please let me know how you get on, then we can sort the image resizing problems once this is resolved.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I got the theme options visible. It was a plugin conflict. Many thanks for that!
    The resizer is on, but still the images look wrong.
    take a look: http://www.florianfriedrich.com

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

The new version cannot stretch the image, it can only crop and keep to the same ratio. What you are finding is the image is too small, it wont stretch it and it keeps the same ratio. I recommend changing the size of your images.
    Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do about this as the previous resizer was banned from Themeforest and other images resizers won’t do what we require.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi Tom,

unfortunately this does not help!
    I don’t understand why my images are too small. I rebuilt them so that at least the squeeze/stretch problem is solved. But now just the size doesn’t fit. I only see an excerpt of the image. Why is the image not displayed in full size (as a whole) in the 3D gallery? At for example the stage gallery it is displayed as it should be! So what’s the difference with the 3D gallery?
    Kind regards, Florian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

What do you mean by you only see an excerpt of the image? Please can I get a link to your stage gallery with the same images in so I can take a look?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Here is the same slide set as stage gallery. Looks beautiful. However when I change to 3D gallery it’s not working.
    Stage gallery: http://florianfriedrich.com/test-gallery/

3d gallery: http://florianfriedrich.com

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

If you make the height the same as the stage gallery, it will display perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Sorry, but your idea won’t work. I set image height the same as the gallery/row height (both 500) and it is the same problem in the 3D gallery AND the stage gallery… look for yourself: http://florianfriedrich.com/test/ I even tried it with 200 and 1000… same thing.
    However the best or most normal result is when i choose stage gallery with no extra adjustments. then the actual image is shown.
    i think that the resizer does not do its job in combination with the “advanced” galleries like 3D or accordion.
    but how to fix?

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

oh… and btw: this help-page here does not display on iOS devices properly.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

Can I please get the login details to your site so I can take a further look into this. 3D gallery won’t work on iOS devices as it runs on Flash, that is why DynamiX is moving away from the 3D gallery. I would recommend updating DynamiX as you have a very old version, hence you are running into some problems. Revolution Slider is also recommended as you can get great animation without flash.

I will take a look at your site when I get your login details. Please set your reply to private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.