Home / Forums / You Theme Support / you theme lower footer HTML

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Stefan Friedl
    Participant

hello!

if i edit lower footer left or right and try to put a html link inside, my html is not saved.

example:
    © shiatsu4you 2016 · <a href="https://www.fs1.at/shiatsu/?page_id=4732">Impressum & Links</a>

does not work! it strips out my html. and shows up as

© shiatsu4you 2016 · Impressum & Links

thank you for any help.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Stefan Friedl.

Hi @pullober,

Can you please specify where you are making this change and send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can also check?

Thanks!

Stefan Friedl
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Thanks for specifying.

HTML does not indeed work for those 2 boxes. It is best to use the footer widgets if you really want to add HTML.

Regards,

magnacom
    Participant

eh, how do you get a footer widget working
    Ive went into there editior but cant locate the default html thats used when footer it set to blank.

thanks
    scott

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  magnacom.

Hi @pullober,

I am not quite sure what you mean. Can you please specify and elaborate? Widgets automatically work if added on Footer Widgets under Appearance > Widgets

If you can resend your new site URL and credentials, we can check this further for you.

Thanks!

magnacom
    Participant

I see it now, do the widgets only go on footer1, I see there are two footer sections

Thanks scott

Hi @magnacom

Can you please send us a screenshot of what you are referring to as there are 4 footer widget columns for the theme so I am not sure what you are referring to as 2 footer sections.

If you want to test, you can easily add any widget to each column so you can see which part of theme they’d appear. The Footer Column 1 would occupy the left most portion of the footer, while the Footer Column 4 on the right-most.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.