Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / YouTube not sizing right in bbPress?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Matthew Hess
    Participant

When inserting a video into bbPress the video is not the right aspect ratio, you advertise that your them works with bbPress. I have another them “Responsive” that resizes the videos perfect in bbPress so this tells me that there must be thing in your theme code that need to be tweaked. This is a big bummer for me as I have a tutorial site that totally uses YouTube and because off this I can’t use your awesome Theme now 🙁 Here is a picture to show you what I am talking about.

Here is the way it looks in Dynamix Theme

bbPress Youtube embed Dynamix

Here is the way it look in Responsive Theme

bbPress Youtube embed Responsive

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

Unfortunately the iframe is not capable of resizing it’s self but try the following code in the mobile CSS. Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

iframe {height:auto;}

This fix will be included in the next version.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Matthew Hess
    Participant

Thanks but that did not work. This is happening when viewing on a regular size computer monitor also. The pics above where taken from my computer monitor.

Also bbPress 2.4 is now out.

Matthew Hess
    Participant

I searched the internet for sizing YouTube video code and found this iframe { width:520px; height: 293px; } and added it to the Custom CSS and it helped a lot.

I am also asking the dev’s over at the bbpress forum to help with changing the user info..(Avatar,user name, Role) to run across the top of the post rather then down the left side of the post, this would give us a lot more screen space and really help in the responsive area. I will never understand why people coded forums to waste screen space?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

Glad you got things sorted. It will be interesting to see what the developers say.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.