Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Zip file for YOU theme will not upload to WP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • bodyblu
    Participant

I purchased the YOU theme today. I am very experienced with WP and uploading themes. When I try to upload the ZIP file to my WP site, it shows that it’s uploading, but when it’s done, a pop up window appears says “Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.” When I click on “Please try again.” It takes me back to the theme page and the YOU theme is not there. Anytime I try to re-upload the theme, I get the same response. I have tried using Chrome and Safari, and have tried re-downloading the entire ZIP file from ThemeForest in case there was a glitch. Unfortunately, nothing has worked and I’m very frustrated and ready to forget this theme and purchase another. Please advise.

Hi @bodyblu

Did you upload the zip file that you downloaded from ThemeForest right away? If yes, that is not the theme”s actual zip files yet. You must first extract it and that should contain another zip file that is the actual theme.. If you have done so, can you please send over your WP login credentials and site’s URL?

Also, try to upload the zip file via FTP and send over your FTP login so we can personally try to install it.

Regards,

bodyblu
    Participant

Hi,

I did extract the theme’s actual zip file (you.zip) to upload to WP. The site URL is http://www.pinksaltdesign.com (http://www.pinksaltdesign.com/wp-login.php); UN: pinksalt; PW: invert-acts-twists-jams

Thank you!

bodyblu
    Participant

Hi Again, I am actually changing the URL/domain on WP… I will get back with you with new credentials and login information. Thank you!

Hi @bodyblu

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please keep us updated with the new credentials so we can proceed with the investigation.

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.