Home Forums ePix Support Active / live

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dan Jones
    Participant

Hi there, I’ve got a basic WordPress website already, however Ive just purchased an ePix theme in an attempt to improve my website.
    However Im a bit of a novice at all this WordPress stuff. Is it possible for me to try & build the new site without deactivating the old one?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately there is not much I can help with as this forum is for theme issues only but I can give you some guidance.

I recommend setting up a new WordPress install on a subdirectory, e.g. mydomain.com/newsite. That way, you can still have you main site on the root and work on a new site in the subdirectory. When everything is done, you can migrate the subdirectory site to the root.

For help and guidance, ask on the WordPress forums or ask your hosting provider.

Remember, if you get stuck with the theme, either use the troubleshooting guide or the documentation.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Dan Jones
    Participant

Hello again,
    Ive just deleted my new e-pix theme from my original WordPress account, as I’ve now set up another WordPress to try and build my new site with. However when trying to upload the theme I keep getting this message:
    “Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2014/03. Is its parent directory writable by the server?”
    Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
    Dan

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

This looks to be a server/WordPress issue really but I did a little research and found this answer was helpful to others.

“Change permissions on the /wp-content directory to 0775 and try it again. If it fails, change the permissions to 0777 and try again. Once it is successful, be sure to return the permissions on /wp-content to whatever they were when you started.

You may also want to put the permissions back on any other files you changed while attempting to resolve the issue.”

You can change the permissions via FTP or ask your hosting company to do this for you.

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda