Home Forums ePix Support Alert Suspected Malware …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Michèle DC
    Participant

Good evening Tom & Andy!

Using Wordfence plugin & I just received an email saying there are suspected malwares under

1/ ePix/lib/adm/functions/core.php and under
    2/ themes/ePix/lib/adm/inc/social-media-urls.php

Could you just check this & revert asap pls?
    Thanks a million!

Michèle DC
    Participant

Meanwhile I have been uploading ePix again via FTP so as to make sure I have a ‘clean’ version but … the problem is still there… the suspected infection is linked to a certain url containing ‘del.icio.us …’ (social network?)
    Also identified as malware by Google Safe Browsing…
    Can we remove this from the theme ourselves without any further incidence on the good functioning of our sites?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Exactly what was the error displayed? Are you downloading an official version from ThemeForest?

Thanks,
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michèle,

I have spoken to Andy about this and as we suspected, it is pulling up on the social media URL. As this URL is not related to the theme or plugins, the plugin you are using thinks it is malware. This URL is literally pushing the post URL and post title to the social media site, exactly the same as a Facebook share, just for the social media site, Delicious.

I can assure you, there are no malware files within any of the themes. All themes go through an extremely strict review process by ThemeForest before being released, so rest assured the theme is safe.

Thank you.
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda