Home Forums ePix Support Amount of pictures in gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

Hi,
    How many images shall i put in a slide set in order to use it on a page in a fullscreen slider gallery? i noticed, i get the same image twice, although i have uploaded 2 different images. this i noticed including in the slide set manager.
    i have built a slide set for each page, but on one i need to squeez in like 100 images. here’s a link: http://calinvurdea.ro/wedding-day/
    ah, as a side-quesion, what does column padding do?
    many thanks for your support!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Calin,

You can use any more than 1-10 images on the Full Screen Slider as anymore and your server will not be able to handle it. As your site is showing on the page you linked to.

Your server will not be able to cope with loading in 100 large images all at once, at full resolution. Unfortunately it is just not possible to do.

For a grid gallery, you could get away with much more than 10 images but still there are server limitations.

Column padding adds a small gap between each image over butting them up against each other.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

thanks for the reply!
    so basically even the displaying of the same image twice, instead of the separate ones, like uploaded,is linked to the huge amount of data on the page, respectively the server not handling it right?
    i did not want to go with grid, because if i push grid on the edge of 50+ it takes awhile to load. i thought i can cheat the server, by going with fullscreen.
    do i have any option/trick to go with a bigger amount of pictures?
    thanks again for all your efforts!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Calin,

Unfortunately there is no way of ‘tricking’ the server as the content has to be loaded at some point.

You could try speeding up your site using a cache plugin.

I recommend testing out using the plugin, WP Fastest Cache as we have found an improvement when using this cache plugin alone.
    With the following settings:
    Cache System: TICK
    Mobile: TICK
    Minify HTML: TICK
    Gzip: TICK

We have had good results with this plugin.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

thanks for the help and advice. i installed it, let’s see how it works 😉
    thanks again!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda