Home Forums ePix Support Blog page causing Segmentation Fault

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Cameron
    Participant

I installed your theme (ePix) on our server today and when trying to use any page with the ‘Blog’ template (blog.php), I was getting:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11 bytes) in /var/www/worth/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 363.

So I increased the memory_limit in my php.ini and in wordpress in wp_config.php to 384M (from 128M). After this, the memory allocation error was gone, and this was in its place:

[notice] child pid 29720 exit signal Segmentation fault (11).

Server info:

PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.7
    Apache 2.2.22
    Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS

Next, I copied the site and wordpress database to my development system – running Apache 2.4.6, PHP 5.5.1 and Windows 7 – and tried accessing the page again. Apache crashes (and restarts itself) after 5 – 10 seconds. I’ve checked the RAM usage of httpd.exe while loading the blog page and it stays below 40MB. Here’s the error in the Apache error log on Windows:

[mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 3472:tid 476] AH00428: Parent: child process 4260 exited with status 3221225725 -- Restarting

The only plugins that are active are the ones the theme required, so I doubt that’s the issue.

I’m guessing there’s an infinite loop somewhere, though Apache on Windows doesn’t report a segfault like on Linux.

Are you aware of this problem / do you know how I can fix it? Every other page seems to work fine.

Thanks,

Cameron

[Edit] Just set suhosin.request.max_vars and suhosin.post.max_vars to 5000, as suggested in the FAQs…. No luck, still producing a segfault.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Cameron,

I have never seen these errors before when using the theme. Can you please provide your URL and login details so I can take a quick look at your set up to run some tests and see if I can spot anything? Please set your reply to private also.

I will ask Andy (theme creator) about this too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Cameron
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Cameron,

Please can you provide your FTP details and Andy will have a look within that file to see what is causing it to fail like that. This is a very strange case.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Cameron
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Cameron,

I’ve just gone to check over the issue again and it appears to be working today?

Cameron
    Participant

You mean you didn’t fix it?!

Yes, it’s working today… I don’t really know what to say – I haven’t done any debugging at all – just populating content on other pages… Hopefully it stays this way, I guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda