Home Forums ePix Support BUG REPORT: Blog filter on category

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

Inserting a blog onto a page using the page config does not respect the categories selected and instead, shows all blog posts for all categories.

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

UPDATE: Using version 1.0.7

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have just tested this on my dev server and it seems to listen to the categories selected. As this is not standard theme behaviour, you may have a plugin confliction. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Tom

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

Is it possible for you to give me an idea as to which plugin might be a culprit. What I mean is could a caching plugin cause it? Could a no right click plugin cause it?

As I’ve come to learn WP, I don’t understand how a plugin could break a a WP hook.

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

Just did some tests and I added a category archive link from within WP. That page displayed the correct blog posts by the selected category.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

I am not sure which plugin it is without de-activating them myself, it is a suggestion to try it as usually plugins can mess with a lot of the WP elements. I am not sure what you mean by your last post, is this issue resolved now?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

What I meant in my last post was if it works in an archive page but not in a regular page, even with all the same plugins installed and activated, could it in fact be a problem with the theme?

This behavior is only shown when using the page config to add the blog contents. That portion of the page is part of the theme elements that you’ve developed. It is obvious from my previous test that the way you are calling the blog posts is different than the default way that WP does.

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

Being that this is a live site, disabling all plugins is not really an option.

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

In another test, I inserted a “Recent Posts” block using the Visual Designer and filtered the results to only a certain category. That works properly so the problem is in fact with the theme code and not a problem with a plugin.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

This works 100% on our test sites so it is not a problem with the theme from our point of view. If you cannot de-activate the plugins temporarily then can you set up a new site on a sub folder, for example, so we can test this on the same server that your live site is on. That way, we can see if it is the plugins, your server, or the theme.

Are you setting the page as a Blog template? Then selecting the categories you want to show within it from the Page Config?

Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda