Home Forums ePix Support Cannot Create Multiple galleries in one page!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bethany Petersen
    Participant

Please help! I have been hunting through the forum and can find no solution to help me thus far.

I have a couple weird things going on. Basically, I’m wanting a couples things to happen (depending on the page). Those two things are: 1) create multiple galleries per page (i.e., different types of galleries, sometimes with text in between for example). And 2) Make it so that when I add a gallery through the backend editor (i.e., add element>grid gallery) it doesn’t come up empty when I preview the page (because that’s what it’s currently doing!! The page goes from looking good to nothing on it at all, including any previous text or non-gallery related items I added to the page)

So! Right now, I’m unsure how to do both of the above. My biggest concern is how do I create multiple galleries for one page? Seems simple enough (I’m just using the backend editor and choosing “add element> gallery” and customizing the settings. I then add my other gallery. Problem is, neither will show up when I preview the page. In fact, NOTHING will show up except for my menu/header).

At first, I was creating galleries at the bottom of my page>add gallery>gallery type. That works just fine FOR ONE GALLERY, but there’s no opportunity to add another gallery down at the bottom. So that’s why I’ve been using the only other option I see, which is to edit in the backend editor and select “add element”.

So! Long story long, how do I fix these things! Please tell me I’m not the only one out there with this issue…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Bethany,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sure this is a simple issue that I can help you to resolve.

It sounds like either your images are too large so your server is erroring out, hence why the galleries are not shown.
    Or,
    You need to add an ID to the galleries.

What size of images are you currently using? We recommend using no larger than 1100px wide for standard images that are in a grid gallery for example. Otherwise, your server, browser and users computer will not be able to cope loading in huge images all at once.

If you have the same type of gallery on a single page, you need to add an ID to them. Edit the gallery then in the top field it will say Gallery ID. Enter something like, gallery_1 into there and then gallery_2 and so on.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda