Home Forums ePix Support Content and Image Width

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tim Pogo
    Participant

Hello!
    As I’m nearing the end of building my site and making final decisions on the layout and whatnot, I’m trying to decide once and for all how wide everything (images, galleries, headers, etc) needs to be.
    Be it a gallery page, a blog post, etc…I really don’t know how wide everything can and should be.

I’ve got my site set so that the menu sidebar is always visible on the left (and doesn’t go away when hovering off of it).
    So what I need to figure out is what the maximum content width is for the site (excluding the menu sidebar).
    I’m searching through the CSS to find it, but I don’t really know what I’m looking for and can’t find it.

If you look at this URL http://www.timpogophoto.com/people/ you’ll see that I’ve got a header/parallax image, then a gallery below it. Right now, I’m just playing with varying widths to see what looks good and both are of different widths as I’m trying various values. But as I mentioned, I’d like to have a definitive px value for how wide everything needs all the time to be able to fill the screen but also look right on other screens such as phones and tablets with the responsive action of the theme.

And while we’re at it, what is the maximum content width of the theme when the menu sidebar is not visible and set to go away when you hover the cursor off of it? (just in case I decide to use that option in the future)
    Thank you!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  Tim Pogo.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  Tim Pogo.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Tim,

Because you have the site set to “wide layout” it will fill the browser width to any size. So if you’re using a screen size of 2500+ pixels and the browser is full width, it will fill the entire 2500+ pixels.

Fortunately the content and galleries scale with this and even on my screen which has a width of over 2500 pixels, it looks great and re-organises the content to suit.

If you set the site to be “boxed” this would have a maximum content with of 1050px.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda