Home Forums ePix Support Control layout with different aspect ratio pictures

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

W. M. van Dijk
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to display 3 pictures with an aspect ratio of 3:2 , 2:3 and 3:2 again in such a way that all three pictures are the same height and no cropping occurs. I have tried many different settings and gallery types but the width always stays the same no mater what. Even when using the visual composer and adding 1 image per element does not provide me with the desired results.
    Is there a way to have these images displayed as I want?
    This is the result I’m after:
    Example

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Which Gallery are you using? This is achievable with the Grid Gallery. If it’s the Full Screen Gallery you can use this method : http://themeva.com/docs/epix/fit-height-and-width-on-images/

If it’s the Carousel, I’m working on this currently and if you post your WP login details, I’ll apply the changes for you.

W. M. van Dijk
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am using the grid gallery with a slide set of 3 pictures and a 3 column layout.
    The result is as you can see in the example picture (top).
    When setting all pictures to the same height the result is the bottom layout.
    Example 2

How can I get the result I want?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You should be able to just set the image width ( do not set a height ) and it should display like how you want. If you’re still having issues, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look, however it’s definitely possible, as seen here: http://epix.themeva.com/portfolio

W. M. van Dijk
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

My apologies, I see what you mean now. Unfortunately that’s not possible – it’s due to the image resizing script I’m using, it can accept width and “auto” height but it can’t do height and “auto” width. If it’s just 3 images, I recommend using the “Single Image” shortcode and setting the size you require.

I am going to look into changing scripts in the future, but it’s a messy process due to it being heavily embedded into users sites already.

W. M. van Dijk
    Participant

Thank you for taking a look. To bad it is not possible.
    I will have to look for a different solution. Maybe another plugin?
    It will be cool to have total control of the layout and presentation of the pictures, especially for a photography theme.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You’ll be pleased to know this will be in the next version. I’ve just been working on the script and found a way to produce the results as per above.

W. M. van Dijk
    Participant

Wow!

That’s what I call support!
    Will the the next version also include support for mixed landscape and portrait carousel galleries?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes it will, I’ve implemented that too. The shape of the slide can’t change ( shows a background color behind the image ) but it now retains the ratio if you require it to.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda