December 15, 2014 at 7:48 am #59063
I have been trying to set up my website with the newly purchased theme. Facing some issues and have some queries around that. Kindly help
1. How do we disable right click option Globally
2. how do we make suggested posts to show up in blog
3. For the life of me , in the installed demo content . I can’t figure out how that video is coming up again n again and where is the code on home page.
4. I need to have a facebook and instagram page like button which is linked to my page. how can I achieve that.
5. Need to embed social sharing option to all blog posts
6. Can I reduce the width or size of Menu bar?
7. In Full width slideshow lot of my images which have subjects on left side doesnt show properly in mobile view? is there a way I can choose the zooming of images from which side/orientation ?
8. Contact form in mobile view gets stuck at google maps :(. I tried alot but it is bit impossible to get to contact form fields in mobile view
Tripurari PrasadDecember 15, 2014 at 4:12 pm #59098
1. You can use a plugin like the following: https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-right-click/
2. Do you mean “sticky” – you can set the post to Sticky by going to Post > Visibility > Edit > Select ‘Stick this post to the front page ‘
3. The Slider on the home page has a Data Source of Slide Sets. Edit the relative Slide Set via Slide Set Manager and you’ll see one of the Slides has a video in, simply delete that slide.
4. You can add a Facebook Like via Page > Add Element > Search for Facebook. Unfortunately there is no instagram one. You can probably paste the code from Instagram into a Add Element > “Text Block”.
5. You’ll probably need a plugin for this. You can enable Social Icons at the top left of the screen via Appearance > Theme Options > Social Icons. However if you want them placed directly onto the posts, please search the WordPress plugin library for something that will suit your needs.
6. You can, however this would be classed as a customization, it’s not quite as straight forward as changing one width.
7. You can add
fit_containto the Slide Set Manager > Slide > CSS Classes. This will ensure the image fits on all devices. Please see here for more information.
8. Can you post a link please – it should work fine.
I hope that helps?
AndyDecember 15, 2014 at 6:22 pm #59111
About Facebook Like page icon. Is there way I can put hyperlinked button at the bottom of my page. ? I saw one of the guys had done it in his website
TDecember 15, 2014 at 6:22 pm #59112
About Facebook Like page icon. Is there way I can put hyperlinked button at the bottom of my menu. ? I saw one of the guys had done it in his website
TDecember 15, 2014 at 6:24 pm #59113
And ya one more thing. I see a white border on the blog page and Gallery (Grid) as well. how shall I remove this white space completely
http://www.creaons.com (under construction)December 16, 2014 at 1:41 pm #59131
You can place buttons / social icon shortcodes below the menu by adding a Text Widget via Appearance > Widgets > Menu Sidebar Panel.
To get the shortcode for the social icon, add it to a blank page. Switch to “Classic Mode” and copy the shortcode .e.g
[vc_facebook type="standard"]December 16, 2014 at 1:43 pm #59132
With regards to the Blog page, you can set the page to Wide Layout via Page > Page Config > Wide Site Layout.
AndyDecember 16, 2014 at 1:53 pm #59136
Thanks Andy! You are a rockstar! and the more I am learning about this theme. More I feel its a brilliant job. I have never seen anyone’s work so detailed and thought through be it font icons. pricing tables…etc The whole Visual Editor makes it so much fun that I am overwhelmed what to do with the site 😛
Anyways can you also help me with a quick tip – What is the general dimension of images I should keep. Its a photorgaphy website so you know i want to decrease the load time as much possible.
Though I am getting comfortable with desktop version. i am not sure about the mobile version of this site. It is bit annoying that half of the screen on my iphone is taken up by menu . And I dont know how to customize the mobile views and look? Any pointers around that.
Thanks!! Alot!December 16, 2014 at 1:59 pm #59139
Sorry to bug one more thing. My menu is pretty small. still it shows Sidebar. how can I get rid of it?December 16, 2014 at 2:00 pm #59140
No problem and thank you for the kind words! If you haven’t rated the theme already, please do so here, thank you!
I would enable the “Auto-Hide Menu” option via Page > Add Gallery > Fullscreen Slider or the “Collapse Menu” via Page > Page Config. This will open the page up fully for desktop and mobile.December 16, 2014 at 2:14 pm #59144
And the scrollbar? Cant get rid of it somehowDecember 16, 2014 at 5:56 pm #59183
Which scrollbar do you mean? The scroll bar will only show in the menu if the screen is too small to display the full contents?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.