Home Forums ePix Support Dynamic Menu on Stage pages?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi there

On my home page I have the nice dynamic menu/navigation which slides in and out, and is partially transparent – http://www.timhenselphotography.com

I’d like to have this same menu on some of my other pages, notably my SEO optimised landing pages such as – http://www.timhenselphotography.com/wedding-photography-cheshire

However, as I need text on these pages too, I’ve been using the Stage gallery. This looks fine, but has a static black menu fixed on the left. Is it possible to have the dynamic one like on the home page, but still be able to scroll down to the rest of the info on the page?

Please let me know if I need to sign up for a custom page for this and I’ll do so.

Many thanks

Tim

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

This is coming in the next update. It has been worked on and is in the BETA stage currently. Over the next week or so, this will be implemented.

Thanks,
    Tom

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Tom

That’s great – many thanks!

Tim Hensel
    Participant

warning

Hi Tom

I’ve downloaded the update, I just wanted to check something.

When I go to update the theme via the Envato toolkit, I get a warning saying “Updating this theme will lose any customisations you’ve made”. I don’t want to lose all the work I’ve put into designing my site. Will updating put me back to square one, or is it referring to something else?

Many thanks

Tim

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

This means, you will only loose the customization added to the core files. If for example you can edited a core PHP file or CSS file, these files will be overwritten when updating.

If you have added custom CSS via the Theme Options, Customized a skin using theme funtions, these customizations will stay when updating.

I highly recommend backing up your site before updating regardless.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Tom

That’s reassuring, many thanks!

Kind regards

Tim

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Tom

Sorry to be a pain.

So I’ve updated the theme, no problems.

I’ve found the Collapse Menu option. However, is there a way to get the menu to default to on rather than off? So it’s there when the page loads? And is it possible to lose the icon and have it slide in when the mouse pointer is put to the left of the page, like on the homepage slideshow pages?

Many thanks

Tim

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

I will suggest this feature to Andy.

Thanks,
    Tom

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Thanks Tom.

Raven MacKenzie
    Participant

Love your site Tim Hensel πŸ™‚

I just bought this theme and I’m wondering how I get the “nice dynamic menu/navigation which slides in and out”?
    I’m looking in Theme Options > Header in the Main Menu part, and I thought it would be the “collapse menu” function, but it’s not working for me :/

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Raven

Thank you πŸ™‚ – Credit to these chaps really, as it’s great theme, and if I can build a nice site out of it then it must be user friendly too πŸ™‚

To get the β€œnice dynamic menu/navigation which slides in and out” you need to have the Homepage Slideshow option selected. That makes the page just a slideshow however, without any extra text etc., like my homepage.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

The collapse menu option has been added to ePix but it currently only works as a click button, not hover.

You can turn this on via each page or globally at Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Main Menu > Collapse Menu.

This option allows you to display an icon to enable / disable the menu on that particular page. This will give you the same effect as the Fullscreen slider where the menu collapses, but with normal content instead of a gallery.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Tom

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Tom

Just picking up on this. Is there a way to make the menu default to on, rather than being absent when you land on the page? What I’d really like is the translucent menu like the dynamic one.

If I turn the dynamic menu option off – so the menu is there all the time, which is fine, – I can only get a solid colour and can’t see through it. Is there a way to make the menu background transparent?
    Cheers
    Tim

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

We had a discussion about this and came to the conclusion that when you have the option to close then menu, it should be collapsed as default, or else it would cover the content for no reason as you would have to click to close the menu to see the content on each page. Instead, it was built so you could see the content, then open the menu when needs be. Thats the theory behind it anyways.

If you have got a background image or color set for the entire skin, you can set the opacity for the sidebar within the Live Skin Customizer. Appearance > Customize > Menu Sidebar > Background > Opacity.

Be sure to have the skin you are editing set to the default skin too, otherwise the changes will not reflect on the front end.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Tom

Thanks for this.

On the pages I want to use this on I’ve got parallax background images, I wanted the translucent menu to run over the top of these. Reducing the opacity only reveals the page background colour below however. Have a look at http://www.timhenselphotography.com/what-i-do or http://www.timhenselphotography.com/who-i-am

I then intended to move the text over to the right by the width of the menu sidebar, so it doesn’t go over it. I’d still get the effect of it overlaying the images on the left hand side though.

Can you help – is this possible? If needs be, I can request a custom design.

Best

Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda