Home Forums ePix Support ePix Theme Crashing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I am experiencing a lot of crashing issues with the ePix theme on my iPhone and iPad, with both safari and chrome browsers. I have had it crash when viewing my site as well as the stock ePix theme site. Are you aware of these issues, and is there a fix?

http://www.jeffreyallred.com

Running iOS 7.0.6

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Exactly which pages on your site and the demo site is it crashing on? I would be surprised if the idevices did not struggle loading the amount of large images you have on your home page as that is an awful lot to handle.

If you can let me know which pages, I will test them out on our idevices.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Anonymous

Yes it is the home page. I’m a photographer, and showing my work off is obviously the end goal, and I wish I would have known this would be an issue before purchasing.

But your ePix demo site also crashes on my iDevices.

Anonymous

Tom,

Is there any possible update you can do to where it will load say 20-25 images, and then as I scroll down it’ll load more accordingly? This is truly a deal breaker for me if I cannot access my site on mobile devices. I need to share my work – and lots of it. Thank you so much for your assistance.

– Jeff

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Jeff,

The issue is the images are a little too big – you can try reducing the size in the Gallery options ( set a width only ) and this will reduce the size of each of the images.

I’ve also been working on a RESS solution – this means that I can detect whether the device viewing the site is a Mobile, Tablet or Computer and set a maximum size depending. Therefore, if it’s a mobile device – the max width would be 400px. This would half each of your images on that page currently.

If you send me your FTP details, I’ll upload the files for you and see how you get on? Just to confirm, the demo home page is crashing on mobile devices? What device, on iDevices it doesn’t appear to be doing this.

Anonymous

My iPad seems to be the main culprit – my iPhone is laggy when trying to scroll. I’ll resize the images and give that a shot. A max of 400px is quite disappointing though. I would like to show off images at least 1000px on the long end.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

With the updated RESS solution, the max-width on mobile devices will be set to 400px. This is so the images will load a lot quicker on mobile devices. Currently, this is not the case so using larger images will still work.

Is that the demo home page you are testing on with your devices there?

Matt T
    This reply has been marked as private.

Nikky Stephen
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

@mattt80, please can you set up a test page with the gallery you are referring to one so I can test things out? Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

@djniks97, you have a lot of images on the page, I would be very surprised if the iPad or iDevices do not struggle with loading this amount of images plus running the jQuery to filter them too. I recommend testing will a lot less images as I am sure it is overloading the device. You can still use tag filtering which looks the same by using a slide set and adding tags to each image. Turn filtering on within your gallery and select your slide set. You will achieve the same results.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Matt T

Nikky Stephen
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda