Home Forums ePix Support ePix, Woocommerce, FacetWP = no sidebars.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andy Severn
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m getting some odd behaviour using the ePix theme with WooCommerce and FacetWP.

I’m using the child theme so I can override various things and have modified the archive-product.php to pretty much show a page loop. FacetWP puts its WooCommerce content into a DIV created by a shortcode in the page content, so I needed to take out the look showing the products otherwise you get two listings.

But the REAL problem is that if I have a page called ‘shop’ and that’s set as the product listing page in WooCommerce, the sidebars vanish.
    I don’t really understand the sidebar code and have made a copy in the child theme to poke around with. It looks like $NV_layout is getting set to “layout_one” in a Wooommerce page, where I suspect that it should be “layout_four”, which is what I’m seeing in the other pages where the sidebars come up nicely.

I tried copying the sidebar selection from a ‘page’ page type in sidebar.php into the condition that detects if the page is a WooCommerce page

$NV_layout=of_get_option('arhlayout','layout_four');
    $NV_layout = "layout_four"; // trying to force layout_four so it shows the sidebar.
    $NV_sidebar_one_select = of_get_option('archcolone');
    $NV_sidebar_two_select = of_get_option('archcoltwo');

I get a sidebar to appear – but both sidebars are set to “sidebar 1”. It looks like a bunch of variables aren’t being initialised.

Really confusing – what’s the trick to integrating WooCommerce and FacetWP into this theme? I want to have my filters in a sidebar and I’d expect these three things to all play nicely together seeing how popular they are.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Severn
    Participant

Ignore! I AM STUPID!!

Of course, there are sidebar settings in the theme settings page, some of which get overridden when you move from ePix to ePix child… all working now (bah!!!)
    Big respect to you guys, this really is a lovely theme.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda