Home Forums ePix Support error js-composer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Hanriot
    Participant

Hello,
    I bought Epix theme, but I’ve got a problem after installing the plugin js composer:
    Warning: Illegal string offset ‘param_name’ in /homez.22/scienced/www/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/composer/lib/mapper.php on line 66.
    I’ve read on your website that It’s because you have PHP 5.4 and error_logs reporting.
    You’re link solution “http://help.themeva.com/bbforums/topic/visual-composer-mapper-fix/« is not active anymore.
    Could you please send me another link to fix the problem,
    That would be so great 😉 as I’m struggling.
    Thank you very much
    My config:
    Visual Composer: Version 4.1.3.1
    Wordpress: Version 3.9.1
    PHP 5.4

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you have a different version of Visual Composer. You need to make sure you are using the themeva version which is 4.1.2. The official VC version is full of bugs and does not include the theme options that are added.

Please first update to the latest version of ePix if you haven’t already (ePix 1.1). For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hanriot
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Hi,

I’ve done it.
    But I’ve got this error message when I try to install th VC plugin:

Installing Plugin: Visual Composer
    Cette extension ne dispose pas d’un en-tête valide.
    Décompression de l’archive de l’extension…

Impossible de créer le dossier. js_composer/assets/lib/flexslider

Return to Required Plugins Installer

Can you help me please.
    Thank you very much.
    I hope we will find a solution..

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Hanriot,

I am not sure what this could be, please could you reply with your login details and I will try to fix this for you?

Please set your reply to private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hanriot
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hanriot
    Participant

Hanriot
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa,

For some reason your permalinks were not correct, showing ?page=123 etc, so I changed these to be your page name (which is also much better for seo) and the images now show correctly.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Hanriot
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Thank you very much, but when I charge the courousel image show, the problem is still there: some boken image, with a big grey part inside some pictures.
    I have reboot my internet explorer (Safari Ie etc.), to charge in a new way my website, and the problem is the same.
    (Moreover using internet explorer the pictures in the carousel are not adapting size, it’s like a bog zoom, like if the picture is not resized with the carousel).
    I really hope you could help me and fine the solution.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH TOM,
    Best Regards,
    Vanessa

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa,

It seems like your server is having some troubles loading the images, try removing the slide set then re-building it again to see if that makes a difference.

What do you mean it is like a bog zoom? and not resized? It looks fine on my computer.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hanriot
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    1/ Yes it seems like if it’s having some troubles loading images.
    But this problem appears ONLY with “CAROUSEL”, not with other types of gallerie.
    I tried removing slide set and then re-built it again, but no difference, same aleatory problem.
    This problem appears only with a PC or a Mac, not with an Iphone, not with an ipad… really strange !

2/ for the second problem, it appears with internet explorer (not with safari, not with firefox): the images are charged in the carousel in there full size, like if it’s not adapting in the “4/3” size of the carousel slider setting.

King regards,
    Vanessa

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa,

It seems that re-building the slide sets did the trick. It is working fine on my computer now. I recommend resetting your browser cache as this should sort things out on your site.

2. What version of IE are you using? IE 9, 10 are working ok for us.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hanriot
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Finally it works well. I had to download pictures again who had trouble loading. Not only re)building the slide sets.
    I hope it could help someone else…
    I’m so happy of your help.

About IE, i use IE8, so I trust you on latest version, and hope most of people use 9 or 10 version…

Thank you very much.
    Have a nice week.
    Best Regards,
    Vanessa

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa,

IE8 is a very old browser and struggles to represent the correct code of browsers that can actually manage and display websites correctly. IE8 does it’s best to display sites but there are some things that it just cannot handle unfortunately.

I highly recommend using Chrome as your main browser instead as it will transform your user experience online.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda