Home Forums ePix Support EXIF data displayed on image?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

S Topel
    Participant

Hi,

Wordpress newb here.
    i am looking for a way to have the EXIF data displayed, either in the title/description bar or as ALT mouseover, *without having to manually enter them there (i have a lot of pictures and little free time).

As far as i can tell, the Galleries displays Title and/or Description fields from SlideSet media items. But when importing media into a SlideSet, these fields are all blank to begin with.
    Any way to pull EXIF data from the respective media item and have them inserted into Description field?
    Any other way to make EXIF data visible?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Sebastian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Sebastian,

The latest version of the theme will pull in the title and description that is entered into the media library image. You can overwrite the title and description through the slide set manager.

Set gallery to display title and description also.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

S Topel
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thank you kindly for replying. however, you didnt answer my question. please read my first sentence again, last part. Or did i misunderstand?
    Any suggestions how to *automatically have EXIF pulled from jpeg and made visible in gallery appreciated!

Best,
    Sebastian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It should automatically get pulled in. I have seen a lot of customers images with the title of the actual image name, they can then overwrite this within the slide sets. I presume it is to do with what camera you have but when importing images, it should fill in the title at least when importing through the WordPress media library.

Kind regards,
    Tom

S Topel
    Participant

Hey Tom,

It should automatically get pulled in.

It doesnt for me.
    I have media in the library with all fields filled out (caption, ALT txt, description). Once it is imported as Slide Set, all fields empty.

Should this work?
    What are some possible issues that cause this problem?

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda