Home Forums ePix Support Full screen image dimensions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Tim Pogo
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m putting together a photography portfolio site using Epix.
    I’m trying to set up a slide set for my static front page.

I’ve had no trouble putting in some test images to choose options on how I want the slide set to look and behave (I’m using a Full Screen slider).
    But the problem I’m having is that I cannot figure out what the dimensions of the images for the slide set need to be. Most of the photos are appearing cropped when I preview the page. I’ve tried several combinations of image dimensions, but differing dimensions seem to have no effect on what is displayed on the page.
    Do I need to go into the css to set the desired image dimensions for the slider set?
    The only problem is that I only want these specific full screen dimensions for my static home page only. All further galleries that I will post will utilize a lightbox. So I don’t want the image dimensions for the static home page to affect future images in future galleries.
    Thanks for your help!

Tim Pogo
    Participant

I have indeed found a section in the documentation entitled “Fit Height and Width On Images” talking about adding fit_width or fit_height into the CSS Classes under Slide Options for an image.
    This is definitely on the right path of what I’m looking for, but I’m wondering one more thing: Is it possible to apply BOTH the fit_width *and* fit_height CSS classes to an image?
    Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

It is recommended to use images that are in the ratio 16:9 and are 1500-2000px wide for optimal results.

You cannot set a particular size for the images to display as the site is responsive and will not display correctly on mobile devices for example.

You can’t have both fit_width and fit_height as it will just be zoomed in on the middle of the image as it cannot resize the browser to the size of the image. Hope this makes sense.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tim Pogo
    Participant

That does make sense, thanks.

I was using 16:10 and will try 16:9 now and a width of at least 1500. What do you recommend for the height of an image in px in order to fit the entire image on a full screen page?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

You can use something like this px calculator tool to figure out the correct height and width.

Tom

Tim Pogo
    Participant

I was searching for a tool JUST like that one, thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda