Home Forums ePix Support Gallery takes 20-30 sec to load over any connection/device

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dan Rowe
    Participant

Any ideas on how to speed up my galleries. This gallery in particular takes sooooo long. I love the look and I do have lots of images in it but the fact that the time doesn’t vary based on the viewer’s internet connection speed has me hopeful that it is something I can speed up. http://blog.roweportraitstudios.com/?portfolio=high-school-seniors

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

You seem to have a very slow server, it took over 7 seconds to load up your logo! See the results for your homepage here.

As for your gallery page, the wait time which is the time it takes for your server to connect to the website is massive. You may have a pretty slow server with lot memory options. You also have a huge number of images loading on your page which will slow things down a lot. See the results here.

I highly recommend contacting your hosting company and asking them what they can do their end to speed things up.

In the meantime, I recommend using a Cache plugin.

I recommend testing out using the plugin, WP Fastest Cache as we have found an improvement when using this cache plugin alone.
    With the following settings:
    Cache System: TICK
    Mobile: TICK
    Minify HTML: TICK
    Gzip: TICK

We have had good results with this plugin.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda