Home Forums ePix Support Grid gallery and order of slide sets

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dorien Koppenberg
    Participant

I have a few questions about creating a grid gallery.
    I want to create a grid gallery with 65 pictures, 1000 pixels width. Do I create 1 slide set with 65 pictures or is it wise to make multiple slide sets, let’s say 3 or 4, with fewer pictures in order to make the loading proces faster?
    So my question would be: how many pictures (1000 px) maximum per slide set is ideal?

Ans if I do make multiple slide sets on 1 subject (for one grid gallery on 1 page), f.e. portugal-1, portugal-2, portugal-3, portugal-4: how can I change the order in which the slide sets appear in the grid gallery. Because when I select the slide sets to be used, the order is last one first. So the order in which the slide sets appear is: portugal-4, portugal-3, portugal-2, portugal-1
    Can I change that order?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

65 images within a single gallery is an awful lot to load on a single page. Some computers and devices may struggle to load all images without crashing the browser.

If you still want to go ahead with that, I recommend creating a couple of slide sets then splitting the images up between them. As you mentioned, name them eg, portugal_1 and portugal_2 for example then select them both within the grid gallery.

Currently the only way to customize which slide set goes in what order is to click the blue Classic Editor button above the content > Text tab > Locate the slide sets and re-order them > Visual Tab > Blue Visual Composer button and save.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda