Home Forums ePix Support Grid masonry gallery is incorrectly align in IE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Tomas Buble
    Participant

Pictures in grid has a irregular padding although padding is set OFF. Only in IE and Firefox and only on first page load.

When I change manualy size of the window, align the images correctly.

In Chrome working OK.

Please help

Tomas

link: http://www.danielseiner.cz/fotografie/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have just tested your site in Firefox, Chrome and IE9 and they all have the same effects of loading up in 3 columns correctly. Do you have a screenshot of what is happening on your computer? The images may load in a different order as some images are larger than others on your site.

Cool looking site by the way!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tomas Buble
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reply.

Please have a look at attached PrintScreens.

You can see diference between IE (trouble) and Chrome (correct).

All images in this grid are 480×640 or 640×480 (landscape).

I create test gallery with different pictures (landscape only) here:
    The same problem in IE and FF. There is only two collumns displayed first on load and padding between images.

1. Must bee the images absolutely the same size? In masonry must be aspect ratio 2:1?

2. Why it works in Chrome?

3. I have one more problem with full screen slideshow (in IE 10 only) – picture is not fullscreen (not cropped): PrintScreen attached.

4. I’m glad you like our site 🙂

Thank You

Tomas

Tomas Buble
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tomas,

I think the padding is either due to the image sizes or a plugin, there is nothing in the CSS to do that. The IE issue must be either image size or a plugin – it doesn’t do it on the demo site.

I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tomas Buble
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    unfortunately, the problem is NOT in image size or a plugin (i deactivate all of them). The problem is in Page config – Wide Site Layout option.

Please have a look at this two galleries:

http://www.danielseiner.cz/fotografie/svatby/
    http://www.danielseiner.cz/test-gallery-ii/

Both galleries (sites) are absolutely the same with the only difference – Wide Site Layout setting. The first one is turned on and the second is turned off. You can see padding on the first (wide site) but NOT on the second (normal site layout).

There are no custom changes to the theme JS or PHP files. No user changes that might cause the problem.

Please, help me to solve it.

Thank You

Print screen: http://www.danielseiner.cz/gallery-trouble/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will ask Andy about this again and get back to you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just spoke to Anfy and we need to get your FTP and WP login details. There is something in your setup that is throwing this off. It works fine on the grid gallery here in IE.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tomas Buble
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Tomas,

Those FTP login details do not appear to work. I’m still confused as to what is happening, therefore I’ll need to test a few things via FTP.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Interestingly I’ve just created a new slide set and it works fine in IE. It must be something to do with the content within that slide set you’re using.

My internet connection is terrible at present and can’t check all the sets but it maybe worth re-creating the slide set and see if that resolves the issue. Do a few at a time and see if breaks at any point.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Update, it’s when the slide set count surpasses 9 on your server. On my server it’s fine but as soon as you go over 9 on yours it creates this padding – it’s so strange. Let me know with regards to the FTP.

Tomas Buble
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Tomas,

I meant update as in I found a pattern in triggering the issue. If you keep the slides below 9, the issue doesn’t appear to happen. I simply can’t replicate it on my servers, that’s what is most frustrating.

I’ve tried the FTP again and says the login authentication failed. Is it normal FTP or does it require extra security settings?

Tomas Buble
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda