Home Forums ePix Support home example

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Marco
    Participant

i have some trouble
    how can i create an homepage like the “example IV” in preview? (i mean with slider and contents below)?
    And in a standard page, how can I create the content not fullscreen but boxed (with visible background image or color), like this one http://themeforest.net/item/epix-fullscreen-photography-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/5783556

thanks
    marco

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

Not to worry. The settings are quite simple actually. If you create a page, set the gallery to a stage gallery within the Page Config tabs (scroll down the page you are editing to the Page Config tabs > Add Gallery > Stage Gallery.) Then use the following settings.

Image Height – 1000
    Transition Effect – scrollHorz

This will put the gallery at the top of the page, and make it 1000px tall so that it will fill most screens. You can then add content below it by adding in Visual Composer elements like you normally do to build up a page.

For more information on adding galleries, please see the documentation here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Marco
    Participant

Thanks i solved!
    For internal pages i’d like to see something like this (content boxed and bg image) http://www.ziokiz.it/test/int01.jpg

Is it possible?
    Another question. The order menu is alphabetical. I want to order pages in other way. How can I?

THX
    marco

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

You would need to set a background image for that skin, then set the sidebar to be transparent. This can be done within Appearance > Customize. Make sure you choose a skin to edit first and that the skin you want to show on the front end is set to the Default skin.

It sounds like you haven’t created a menu yet. Go to Appearance > Menus > Create a new menu then add in your pages from the left column and drag and drop them around to suit.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Marco
    Participant

Thank you Tom,
    but there is not a transparency option for the sidebar (there is only for menu sidebar).
    And how can I set a bg image for only one page?
    Anyway, the example I want in your preview http://epix.themeva.com/blog/?preview_skin=CoffeeRed

About the menu.
    I have yet a menu. I dragged pages but nothing change

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

Sorry, I thought you meant the menu sidebar. You can change the opacity of the content, but not the sidebar itself.

You will need to duplicate your current skin > Background tab > Select Background Type > Set to Image > Set the image and save. Go to the page you want to apply this new skin to > edit page > scroll down to Page Config tabs > Skin tab > Select the new skin.

This is a blog page. You can create this by creating a new page > then in the right hand column, set the Page Template to Blog.

If you are still having issues with the menu, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Marco
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

What’s your URL? To change the order of the menu, you need to goto Appearance > Menus > Drag the menu items to the position you require – or do you mean something else?

Kind regards,
    Andy

Marco
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

For some reason WP Custom Menu was switched off in Appearance > Theme Options > Header. I’ve re-enabled it and now it works fine and in order 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda