Home Forums ePix Support How do a add music to my homepage slide show.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I want add music to my sites homepage. I currently have a full size slider on my homepage. Do I use the jwplayer and if so how?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

JWPlayer should be able to do this. If you add it to the Menu Sidebar Panel within Appearance > Widgets, it will appear underneath the menu on the left. It cannot be done per page though as it will be on all pages.

You will need to find a different plugin that you can set for each page if you want to achieve this.

For JW Player configuration, please see the documentation here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

WHen I go to appearance-widgets i don’t see a jw player. Is there another way to add the player to the fullscreen homepage?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have you installed the plugin and followed the instructions exactly? Once it is installed, you can go to the Slide set manager > edit your slide > add in a custom media via the blue button > Edit it > Under Media, select JW Player > Type in the URL of your video to the Media URL and save.

For more information on the Slide Set Manager, please see the documentation here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thank you I can play music now. My only issue is how to give the web visitor control of the jw player throughout the slide show.. When I applied it to the first image the controllers are only possible from the first image if that makes sense. I can only stop the music on the first image.

How can I display music controllers throughout the slide show?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you create a new slide set > add the media in as mentioned above,

1. create a new page
    2. add a stage gallery to the content
    3. select the slide set
    4. Click the blue button ‘Classic Editor’ if not already selected
    5. Text tab
    6. Copy the code
    7. Go to Appearance > Widgets
    8. Paste the code into Header HTML/Shortcode and drag it into the Menu Sidebar Panel.

You should now have a working music player in the sidebar of the site.

If you get stuck, please let me know and provide your login details and I will take a look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

I cannot get this option mention above to work on fullscreen homepage. Sidebars don’t work when fullscreen slider is active as far as I know. I want music to play during my fullscreen homepage and the viewer have the option to stop music. I put my music on one image in the slide set selected. When you go to the website you hear music but once the first image is displayed you can’t stop the music until it recycles back to the first slide.

I want the controls for the audio player to appear on my homepage all the time.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are on the latest version of ePix, you will be able to add a widget to the navigation sidebar. This is what I am referring to above as you will be able to add music to a single slide, but this won’t continue playing when you switch to another slide.

You will be able to achieve continuous playing with the method above.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda