Home Forums ePix Support how to add a gallery to a blog post

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Oguzhan Altun
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to add a gallery to my blog post, however I do not see any option to add a slide set manager to a post. The only way I could find was to create a slide set manager, create a page and add this slide set manager, and then share a link to this page in the blog post – which is a very long process, and I don’t want to end up with so many pages in the future. Do I have to create a separate page for each gallery I want to share, or is there a simple way to add a gallery to a post?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It sounds like Visual Composer is not enabled for posts. Please goto WP Admin > Settings > Visual Composer > Content Types > Select Post.

This will allow you to add Galleries to posts and use the Slide Set Manager as a data source.

I hope this helps?

Kind regards,
    Andy

Oguzhan Altun
    Participant

Hello Andy,

I enabled the Visual Composer for posts now, however I still cannot add Galleries via Slide Set Manager.

When I click on the Gallery/Media tab underneath the post text, I can add an Image URL or Media URL, but there is nowhere to select data source. There is a “Stage Gallery” option (right after Autoplay Media) however it’s empty next to it. I can send a screenshot if it helps.

Any other suggestions?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Slide Sets act as a Data Source. You add images to them, select the order etc and then add a Gallery to a Post / Page and select the “Slide Set” you created as the Data Source. I hope that makes sense?

It’s worth watching this screencast for a bit information.

Oguzhan Altun
    Participant

Hi Andy,

The problem is about a post, not a page. I can easily add a gallery to a page via selecting slide set as a source. No problem with that.

My question is that I cannot do the same with a blog post, I don’t see the same interface / options like a page.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s what I thought originally, however, this should do it. WP Admin > Settings > Visual Composer > Content Types > Select Post.

If that’s selected and it’s still not showing, can you post your WP login details please, thank you.

Oguzhan Altun
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think I’ve misunderstood you, I thought you meant you couldn’t see the visual composer. You can add a Gallery via the Visual Composer. I’ve done so for you here. http://www.altunphotography.ch/test-post/

Oguzhan Altun
    Participant

Yeah of course I could do that, but it looks terrible:)
    There is no way to add a gallery like I add to a page in epix?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

That was just an example, you can set image sizes etc to make it look much nicer 😉

However there is no option to add a Gallery above the content. Mainly because they’re posts and when they appear in the blog, it would be hellish on page load speed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda