Home Forums ePix Support How to change the order of filters (gallerys)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Can I change the order of the tags or categories filters on gallerys? I would like to sort them according to my preferences (not alphabetically order).

Moreover, can I remove (hide) the automatic filter “All”?

Thanks,
    Josep

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

This is not possible to do with the standard theme options but I will ask Andy (theme creator) about this and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

As suspected, this is not possible to do. But, using the code below, you can hide the ‘All’ tab. Add the following code to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

.splitter .segment-1 {display:none;}

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Thanks Tom,
    But I saw in the demo ePix that filters are not in alphabetical order.
    Please look at the word “City”

If I see this possibility in the demo before buying your theme, then I think you should not show it.
    Regards,
    Josep

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

The gallery that you are referring to there is a grid gallery using Visual Composer with Product Categories selected. As product categories are entered manually, you can adjust the order of them.

All other means of displaying the filters, slidesets, post categories etc, are alphabetically filtered.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

Thanks Tom,

And the “product categories” that way you do? With WooCommerce plugin? In the Data Source of the grid gallery I get nothing from “Product Categories”

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

Yes, you have to have the WooCommerce plugin installed. Then create a product and set a category. This will make the option appear.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Well Tom, but this is too complex for what I want because it shows a link to a Wookomerce page whose skin I can’t configure, I can’t configure the content (if there is a link to other page, on this page I just want the image, nothing else).

And I can’t use the Visual Composer on WooCommerce pages.

Anyway, thanks. I think I can’t do anything anymore … Is that so?

Regards,
    Josep

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

I am really not sure what you mean by this? If there is just the image on the product page, the user won’t be able to add the product to the cart?

You can remove the widgets in the sidebar by going to Appearance > Widgets > Sidebar, then removing all the widgets.
    You can also remove the sidebar completely by going to Appearance > Theme Options > WooCommerce > Sidebar > Full width.

You can remove all other elements using custom CSS but as this is not a standard theme option, this will be classed as a customization. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for your help.
    I’m building a page with content just photography (I’m a professional photographer and I want to present my images the best possible). No format WooCommerce.
    This is the reason for my queries.
    Don’t worry. I will try other options (eg using tabs).Thanks for all.
    Josep

This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda