Home Forums ePix Support Installation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Nita Dusek
    Participant

Ok this is a bit frustrating. This stuff is all greek to me. I just bought ePix and am trying to install it. I’m sure it’s out there somewhere but I can’t find it. I just need instructions in very plain “installation for dummies” english. Can you please point me in the right direction? And for future reference, how do I find help/discussions on specific topics? I don’t see a search area on this forum. ( I apologize if I’m just blind and didn’t see it)

Thanks,
    Nita

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nita,

Not to worry, I can help you out. For more information on installing the theme, please see the documentation here. I recommend using the Envato theme installer plugin as it is very easy to install the theme using it.

You can use the search bar at the top right of ever page within the help center for searching.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nita Dusek
    Participant

Thanks for the link. However, I already have that, and that is what is greek to me. As per the directions, I downloaded the link. What I donwloaded is a zip file. Do I unzip that file or take it as is and do something with it. But what? I’ve gone to the plugins – “add new” area on my admin panel (in step 1)and only find a search bar. What am I supposed to search for? if I’m supposed to upload the zip file I just downloaded, how do I do that as I’m not seeing an option to “browse” and then upload? See what I mean – i just don’t get this. (sorry) Going on beyond this, what is my API key? Where do I get it? Can someone just do this for me please? 🙂 (not really, but it sure would be nice!)

Nita Dusek
    Participant

Sorry. I guess I surrendered and threw up my hands too fast. I “think” I have it installed, however I don’t see it when I click on the name of the page 9up in the left corner). I still see the old site. I had what is currently on the site designed for me by someone and I dislike it – a lot – so I bought epix to use instead. I was hoping to be able to download the demo content but in reading more directions, it says not to do that as it might “interfere”. I have nothing on there that I want saved. Will that make a difference?

Nita Dusek
    Participant

I guess what I would like to do is just start over from scratch. Like I said, i have nothing on the site to save at all, an I would really like to just be able to upload the demo and be done.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am confused as to which part of the install process you are now.

I will try to explain it as simple as possible so I can understand where you are with this and help you out.

First, go to the documentation page, read it fully and download the Envato theme installer plugin zip file.

Go to your WordPress admin > Plugins > Add New > Upload > Choose file > Choose the zip file downloaded above > Install now > Activate.
    A sub menu item should appear on the left side of the WP admin. Click ‘Envato Toolkit’ and you should be provided with the space to enter your username and API key.

To get your API key, go to Themeforest.net > Click your username(top right) > My Settings > API Keys > Label and generate > Copy the long string of code > Paste it into the Envato plugin on your site along with your username.

Save then ePix should appear underneath within the admin. Install and wait.

Installation should be complete

Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Getting Started > Install demo > Click the button ONCE > The demo will install.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda