Home Forums ePix Support Issues with galleries and slide set manager

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Sandra
    Participant

I’ve uploaded some images into my galleries, the images need to be a bit smaller so they fit within the screen without having to scroll.
    The galleries are “stage” and use Slide Set Manager to load the images.
    Firstly, how can I make it so that each image fits the height of the screen and the ratio stays the same?

Secondly, everytime I click on either the delete or settings button on an image that has been selected in a slide set, the screen goes opaque and it’s unresponsive and I need to reload. So I can’t make any alterations within a slide set, except to add more slides. If I need to delete slides I need to create a whole new set.
    TIA

Sandra
    Participant

Just switched to Chrome (I usually use Safari) and now I’m able to access the edit options in Slide Set Manager.

Sandra
    Participant

OK, I’m going to switch to full slider, I like it better, so now I just need to know which ratio/image size the images should be (assuming all landscape) to display properly, or how to make them resize to fit a certain height. Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Sandra,

We recommend keeping all images to 16:9 ratio when using landscape images. Also, the optimal size of images for the fullscreen slider is around 2000px wide.

Are your other issues fixed now?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Sandra
    Participant

Yes, all other images sorted. Thanks 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Sandra
    Participant

Ok, I do have another question. And thank you for being so helpful!!
    I have increased the size of the font in the main menu sidebar, but this has had the effect of increasing the font in the info tab, and it’s really huge. Is there somewhere in the style sheet I can amend this to a smaller font or is it completely tied to the menu bar?

Sandra
    Participant

And more:
    Is there a way to have a main menu item not open to a page. For instance, to be able to scroll over portfolio, have the submenu items show but not have a portfolio page? Because at the moment if you actually click on portfolio, (under which there are sub items of Family, Children, Wedding) you get a 404 error.
    Which brings me to 2 more questions:
    How do I amend what shows on a 404 error
    I deleted the “Portfolio” menu item last night when I was working out mobile menus, and now I can’t find how to add it back in again.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

By the sounds of things you have increased the heading sizes. If you have heading tags within your information pop up widget, I recommend choosing a smaller heading tag or even using a paragraph tag to size this text down.

Without seeing your site I can only presume this is what you mean.

If you create a new menu but have your submenu items as custom links instead of actual links then the link will stay on the same page and not go to a 404 page.

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

Like this for example.

You can edit the 404 page but it will be all code based. It is really not recommended unless you know PHP. You can edit the file, epix/404.php.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Sandra
    Participant

Thanks, Tom 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda