Home Forums ePix Support Layerslider thumbnails too small on mobile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Thomas Brunkard
    Participant

http://www.chessfusco.com/flowers/

Built this site and the thumbnails under the layer slider on mobile phones are far too small. (Client not happy!)
    Posted this on both the theme and layerslider comments on Themeforest – both sent me back to the each other with the layerslider crowd telling me that elements on the theme are pushing the thumbnails?!?!

Please could you tell me how to set the height and width of these please to make them a bit more prominent??
    Even just the height??

Thank you

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Do you have an example of what they are meant to look like instead of being so small? Is there a demo somewhere we can take a look at?

Have you tried it with the standard WordPress theme to see how it compares?

Thanks,
    Tom

Thomas Brunkard
    Participant

yes, if you check out http://www.chessfusco.com/flowers/ (on a desktop) you’ll see them as a decent size that the user can see them and they are still small, neat and tidy.
    On the mobile version of this site they are just far to small, like a pixel or two high?!!?

I havent tried it with a standard theme as im working with Epix for the client.
    Right now those thumbnails are the very last thing to be done on the site so it can go live.

Can you even write up a piece of css i can put into editor that might let me set the thumbnails to, say, 25px x 25px??

thank you

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

I am not sure how this is mean to work as you cannot physically fit 13 thumbnails on the screen and make them larger. When you view your site on a mobile device, all 13 thumbnails only just fit on the screen. If they are enlarged to 25px, only 6 or so will fit and the rest will bleed over the edge.

Unless there is a way of setting less thumbnails, this is not possible to do?

Tom

Thomas Brunkard
    Participant

then can we set the thumbnails to be hidden on mobiles?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

This should technically be classed as a customization as this is not a theme element or option but if you enter the following CSS into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Mobile CSS, it should remove it on mobiles.

.ls-thumbnail-wrapper {
    display: none;
    }

If not, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda