Home Forums ePix Support Lightbox settings with iframes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Keith Stubbs
    Participant

Hello. Can you tell me where/if it’s possible to adjust the lightbox settings? I wish to load different virtual tours that we’ve created within iframes in a lightbox at varying sizes (rather than full screen which it’s currently set to). Currently I’m featuring them through the Stage gallery (awesome layout by the way). Thanks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

It is not possible to do this with the standard theme options but you should be able to adjust the size of the lightbox window using some CSS.

You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Keith Stubbs
    Participant

Hi Tom, thanks for this comment a while back. Finally, I have the time to revisit this.

I’m trying to add our virtual tours via iframe to our services based website, which I’m designing on your epix theme. Here’s a link for one of our virtual tours… http://360queenstown-wanaka.com/media/virtual-tour/bendemeer-tour-new/

And here’s how we would usually use it within an iframe…
    <iframe allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src=”http://360queenstown-wanaka.com/media/virtual-tour/bendemeer-tour-new/” width=”100%” height=”400px”>
    <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
    </iframe>

Can you point me towards documentation that details how to use media such as this within iframes on your theme? I really need for these to load in a lightbox, rather than just link out.

Many thanks,
    Keith.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

I have spoken to Andy about this and it is possible to open an iframe in a lightbox but not with the standard theme options.

If you can provide your FTP details and set your reply to private and we make the change for you and add in the functionality. This will add the option to either click a link or click an image, then the iframe will load in a lightbox pop up. This will also be added to the next theme version.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Keith Stubbs
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Both me and Andy (theme creator) will be looking into this in more detail on Monday for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Keith,

I’ve modified the ePix/lib/inc/shortcodes/image-effects.php file and added the function to enable an iframe on the Media URL file.

If you create a new “Single Image”, add a cover image and then further down the page, enable Lightbox and enter the URL of the tour into the “Media URL” field, followed by enabling the “Media URL in iFrame” option.

This will trigger the lightbox and load the URL within an iframe.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Keith Stubbs
    Participant

Thanks for that Andy. Unfortunately your changes seems to have caused some issues with the back-end pages editor. The Screen Options tab in the top right is disabled now, and there’s no Page Config options below the text editor window. Also, the Add Media button no longer works.

Any ideas?

Keith Stubbs
    Participant

Ok, so it turns out the Visual Composer plugin was disabling the screen options – maybe not related to you guys after all. Apologies. Will let you know how I get on with the iframe lightbox. Thanks.

Keith Stubbs
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

Apologies for this, we did not realise you wanted it on your galleries, Andy coded it for the Single Image element within Visual Composer instead.

He will need to do a bit more work to code it into the galleries.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Keith Stubbs
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

Andy is away over the next few days next week, he said he will try to do this over the weekend but cannot promise anything.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Keith Stubbs
    Participant

Keith Stubbs
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda