March 3, 2014 at 7:26 pm #43566
Hi there. The images in my gallery seem to load much slower than your sample live view. Wondering if my file sized would affect this? Is there an ideal file size? Here is a link to view one of the galleries:
2. Also how can I get rid of all the stuff at the bottom of the page (“you may also like…” “leave a reply…” etc)March 4, 2014 at 4:06 am #43580
Please disregard question #2. above. Is it possible to speak with someone over the phone or Skype?? I have a few questions.
one of them primarily having to do with audio. Under page builder I have added an element (audio player). I have inserted the media url, however I cannot seem to successfully get it to work.March 4, 2014 at 7:52 am #43594
I have just tested your site in a website speed tester and it comes up with a very long DNS, Connect and Wait time which will be from your server. You can view the tests here.
You can view the same test from the demo site here.
I recommend downsizing your logo as it is 1500px X 1500px which is extremely large for a logo, I’d put it down to at least 300px. Same with your images, if they do not need to be opened up massively in lightbox, there is no point in uploading huge ones to the server. The server has to load all 20 or so large images at the same time, plus plugin scrips, plus the theme. There is a lot for it to handle when you add all that up.
This is still an issue that WordPress have not addressed. Within Visual Composer, it uses the same code provided by WordPress but they have still not fixed the issue so it does not appear. Unfortunately we cannot do anything for it to happen currently.
TomMarch 4, 2014 at 6:17 pm #43657
Is there a quick way to delete large quantities of images from my media library? Are you saying that I should resize and reload all the images??
In your final paragraph are you referring to the audio player issue?March 4, 2014 at 7:04 pm #43660
Hi Tom. Thank you for getting back to me.
Just a few more questions as well as the one above:
1. How can I get the drop down arrows on the main menu to appear to the right side of the headings, like the demo? Right now the arrows appear above the heading – which is confusing. I’d like my menu to operate just like the demo menu. Can these arrow icons be substituted for another icon like the red square in my logo?
2. Also when viewing on a mobile device, you cannot access the galleries that I have created under weddings. i.e. Brett & Sondi. Actually you cannot access any sub headings i.e. the bio or contact page under the “INFO” heading. It disappears to quickly. Please let me know how this can be rectified.
3. Is there a better way to manage my media gallery? It seems quite large and slow to load. For the images that are too large (like you mentioned above), is there an easy way to resize them? Or should I delete them from the library, resize them and then reload again? For images that I would like viewed in Lightbox what is the ideal size that I should resize to?
4. Do you have any suggestions regarding audio for the site? – something with auto play and loop? I have tried a few plugins Audiobar being one of them. With no luck…
Thanks so much for getting backMarch 5, 2014 at 7:48 am #43686
To delete lots of images at the same time I recommend using FTP to view all of the files within your install. For more information on this, I recommend asking your hosting company.
Yes, I am referring to the audio player in my last paragraph.
1. I am not sure what has been done here, I thought you customized this yourself. Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.
2. This is because you have your Info sub menu as a link and on a mobile device there is nothing to re-create the hover that you get on the computer. You have to tap the menu item for it to expand.
You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.
Like this for example.
3. You will need to delete them, resize them then upload them again. From using the theme, these are my personal guidelines.
Fullscreen slider – around 1500-2000px wide
Other galleries – Depending on which size you have your images set to make them 100-200px larger
When using Lightbox – 1000-1500px wide.
4. Maybe have a look in codecanyon then for a decent music player. I have not seen one that continues to play when you leave the page to go to another though.
TomMarch 6, 2014 at 6:35 pm #43805March 6, 2014 at 7:51 pm #43812
It seems the login details provided do not work. Can you double check them for me please?
TomMarch 6, 2014 at 7:57 pm #43814March 7, 2014 at 7:32 am #43847This reply has been marked as private.March 10, 2014 at 7:53 pm #44064March 10, 2014 at 7:55 pm #44065March 11, 2014 at 7:32 am #44089
Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.
If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.
Much appreciated 🙂March 12, 2014 at 2:01 pm #44264
Hi Tom. I would be happy to rate as soon as I am finished the design process with my site! So far so good.
As mentioned above the loading of images in each gallery is still quite delayed. I have deleted all of the previous gallery images, resized them to 1000 pixels (long side), 72 dpi, and then uploaded again. However the problem still exists. It seems half of the images load and then it takes some time for the other half to load. Any suggestions on how this can be corrected?March 12, 2014 at 4:31 pm #44278
I have just ran a speed test on your site and it looks to be the server that is sluggish when loading the site and images. If you take a look at the results here, you will see the long wait time for the server to initially load the site, then the time to load each image below.
Something you could try is the Lazy Load plugin which loads images only when they are in view of the browser. This may improve things.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.