Home Forums ePix Support Menu Categories

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Nadja Wohlleben
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to organise my main menu better and can’t figure out how to do the following:
    I would like to have a “heading” in my main menu that says for instance “Portfolios” and then list the portfolios as subs underneath. I do not however want this to be a page or a category (which seems to be the only way?) – Basically people should not be able to click on “Portfolio” tab itself, just on the sub links. Another example: I’d like to have an “About” tab – with subs like “Bio”, “Publications” etc, but the “About” tab not to be clickable.

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nadja,

To do this, you will need to make it a custom link that is not actually a link.

On a tablet/mobile device there is nothing to re-create the hover that you get on the computer. You have to tap the menu item for it to expand.

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

Like this for example.

If you want a menu item to be a sub item of another, go to Appearance > Menu > Add in your menu items from the left > Drag one slightly to the right and drop. This will cause it to be a sub menu of the menu item above it.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda