Home Forums ePix Support Menu display on tablet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gramminger
    Participant

I am really in dispair. I spent hours to show the full menu on tablet (1024px) instead of dock menu. Can´t be so challenging.
    But whatever I tried – without any success. With a resolution of 1025 px the full menu is shown, everything ok.
    How can I change css to avoid dock menu on tablet.
    Thanks for helping.

Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @gramminger

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we could personally check this from our end?

Regards,

Gramminger
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @gramminger

The control for this is in the responsive.css file on the theme, line 45/46 on the file which says:

@media only screen and (device-width: 768px),
           only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {

If you change the max-width to 768px from 1024px, you should see that the mobile menu will only appear once on mobile and the default menu will work on tablets but this will also create some layout issues because there are other elements inside this block of CSS that controls the header, this is why we do not recommend touching it.

An easier alternative would be to use mobile menu plugins like UberMenu.

Regards,

Gramminger
    Participant

The only way to solve this problem (wich should not be so special) is to buy a Menu for 20$ ?
    Sorry, but Epix is a very poor theme (compared with other theme sof this price category)

Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @gramminger

Using the menu plugin I recommended is not the only way, but it is the easiest way. On my last reply, I have explained how you can manually force the menu to only work on mobile by manually updating/overriding the default CSS for the menu’s responsiveness.

This will require a number of changes to CSS which we do not support as it’s already considered advanced customization.

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda