December 3, 2013 at 6:38 pm #37412
First – I am SO over-the-mood in love with your theme. Having wasted my money on over a dozen other themes, ePix is so flexible and perfect for showcasing photography.
I’m having issues with the menu. Specifically, (1) I’d like to use the UberMenu plugin, and (2) something about the menu is conflicting with the WPMU Membership plugin.
1. Regarding UberMenu, if I go to Theme Options / Header and turn off WP Custom Menu – it just eliminates the menu altogether and lists every page in alphabetical order – but still doesn’t let UberMenu work. I’m looking for a way to allow the UberMenu plugin to control the menu appearance and functionality (length of the hover, font sizes, etc.).
2. I use WPMU Membership to control access to subscription portions of my website and somehow when I add in the plugin shortcode for enrolling, it conflicts with the menu. The submenu options don’t show up and the above-logo widgets don’t work. On mobile the menu (because it’s based in the above-logo widget) becomes entirely useless – although clicking on the logo does return you to home. Here’s a link.
So is there a way to turn off the ePix menu coding? I have another site where UberMenu and Membership play nicely together.
Lastly – two suggestions.
1. As you update the Theme, please consider adding the option to switch from a side menu to a traditional top-of-page menu. Especially for photographers where we’re looking to really showcase images – to make them as large as possible – permanently giving up so much real estate for the lefthand menu is less than ideal.
2. The above logo social media, search, widget options. Please allow us to choose a custom icon and to control the opacity of the pop up window.
That’s all – I appreciate your help!
NathanDecember 4, 2013 at 11:54 am #37460
I’m glad you’re happy with the theme 😉
1. It sounds like you haven’t assigned the Ubermenu to a theme menu location. Keep the WP Custom Menu enabled and goto Appearance > Menus > Activate Ubermenu Locations > Select Main Navigation. I hope that helps?
2. See if the above resolves this issue, if not, can you provide your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.
Thank you for the suggestions. You can control the opacity with a bit of CSS, however I may add the option into the customizer. As for the custom icon, I like this idea and will put it on the dev list too, thanks.December 4, 2013 at 6:01 pm #37482
Hey Andy –
Thanks for your help. Can’t believe I’d missed that. So yes, Ubermenu is working – but there are still issues.
1. The WPMU conflict is still occuring. Ubermenu has fixed it so the menu works on desktop, but the above-logo widgets are still disabled. And so too, everything is disabled on mobile.
2. In using Ubermenu, I noticed another complication that was there already. On mobile, the above-logo widgets get cut off by the top of the body content. That occurs on all pages. For example, I’d put a contact form into the “i” widget, and on mobile it cuts off. Similarly, Ubermenu is cutting off on mobile. Do you think it might be possible to include a fix for this in the update you’ve mentioned?
Thanks again for your help!
NathanDecember 5, 2013 at 9:18 am #37506
1. I’m not sure what you mean by the widgets being disabled, they work for me?
2. I’m aware of this little bug, here is the fix below.
Replace ePix/stylesheets/responsive.css with this version of the file ( unzip first ):
It will also be fixed in the next version.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.