Home Forums ePix Support Menu not showing up on mobile device

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am currently using a LG Flex mobile device. Earlier this morning, I added a sub menu under Categories – Portraits – Pauly. When I view the site using a computer, I see this menu. However, this menu is not showing up on my mobile device. Also, I changed the menu named Engagements to Couples. On the computer, I see this change but on the mobile device, I do not. Please look into this. My website is http://www.piixdot.com. Thanks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It sounds like your mobile device is caching (showing a previous version of the site) this happens when you view the site, then update it a few times and the browser still shows the old version. Try closing down your browser and quitting it within your mobile device.

I see on your site you also have links set as your sub menu items, this is not a good idea for mobile browsing as the user cannot select the drop down without going to the sub menu page. You need to set them as custom links with no link set so when the user presses the sub menu, the drop down appears.

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

You can create another menu as you have done and set it for the mobile menu only, this will also work.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have set up a custom menu item at the bottom of your menu so you can see what I mean above.

The Pauly sub menu is there for me. Try resetting your browser and plugin cache once making a change like this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hi yes, I see the Pauly sub now. However the drop down arrows still do not work for me on mobile device but they work on the computer. What do I need to do so that the drop down works on mobile devices? Theses were working before I addeded PPauly submenu. Thanks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have created the following screencast for you on how to set up a mobile menu using custom links.

Click Here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda