Home Forums ePix Support Multiple og:url values

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Oguzhan Altun
    Participant

Hello,

I have double og:url values in my website, which is creating problems with the social sharing websites.

I wanted to check if the ePix theme creates one of these?

I know what creates the other one – and I would like to keep it (All In One SEO Plugin).

I already tried deactivating each other plugin to see if it will help, but didn’t change anything.

Here you can see the source:
    view-source:http://www.altunphotography.ch/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The theme has one built in but by the looks of things, you only have 1 placed in your source code as well. This looks normal if you compare the source code of the demo site here.

Are you still having issues with this? Which plugin are you using to share them and which SEO plugin are you using also?

Thanks,
    Tom

Oguzhan Altun
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I’m using the All in one SEO plugin. Yesterday I disabled the facebook plugin after posting the issue and the double og:url seems to have disappeared, but that’s still strange that I won’t be able to use the facebook plugin. Could you let me know how I can manage (to disable or change) the og:url of the theme?

I now have other issues according to facebook debugger, let me know if you can help with any of these from your side:

Parser Mismatched Metadata: The parser’s result for this metadata did not match the input metadata. Likely, this was caused by the data being ordered in an unexpected way, multiple values being given for a property only expecting a single value, or property values for a given property being mismatched. Here are the input properties that were not seen in the parsed result: ‘og:type, og:image:url’

Attempted Frozen Title Change: It appears that you are trying to change the property og:title from Altun Photography to Altun Photography Geneva: Portraits, Weddings, Landscapes. If so, you are not allowed to for this object because too many actions have been published against it.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have suggested the following in the past to people having issues with Facebook sharing. Might help you out.
    Try the following plugin to see if this helps you out. Plugin download page here. You can then test your URL by going here.

It sounds like the plugin you are using is to blame here as we have not had anyone have this issue before with using this Facebook plugin.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda