Home Forums ePix Support Pictures limit in Gallery?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lisamccormack
    Participant

Hi, is there a limit to how many pictures can be display in the gallery module? above 300 seems to cause issues. when I create a slide set manager I get to about 380/390 images added ( there is no exact cut off number it seems to vary but its always up over the 300 mark) and everything stalls, so I save what I’ve done so far but when I go back in to add more or even reshuffle the order of the ones that are already there and I hit save draft it seems to bring me back a step so none of the changes I make are saved.

Thanks,

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is a server limit on the number of images that can be added to a slide set. Most users servers max out at 50 images but yours is obviously higher.

By far the easiest and quickest way of building up image galleries that large is to use more than one slide set. As you can just add the images in quickly and link them all together on a single page within a gallery. Just select more than one slide set within your gallery.

I do not recommend having 300 images on a page though as many users with slower computers/slow internet etc, who go to your site may experience issues.

Kind regards,
    Tom

lisamccormack
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda