Home Forums ePix Support porfolio and gategory

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Clausse
    Participant

Hi Tom –

i wish you a good year – I’m sorry but i have a BIG problem – my portfolio disappear and it’s impossible to manage my slide in slide set manager – All photos disappear and now the page is like that (http://claussejeremy-photography.com/?page_id=3103) – it’s a big because i use the site to sell my work – Can you help me please –

Thanks a lot

jeremy

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

I wish you a good year too! Let’s try to get it off to a better start by solving this πŸ˜‰

I’ve noticed the theme is installed incorrectly. You have it in this directory

http://claussejeremy-photography.com/wp-content/themes/ePix-WordPress-1/ePix/

It should be

http://claussejeremy-photography.com/wp-content/themes/ePix/

You’re using an older version and you should upgrade both the theme and WordPress (if you haven’t done so already ).

Please use this guide for installing the theme. http://themeva.com/docs/epix/theme-installation-updating/

Clausse
    Participant

Hi Andy –
    Hello,

Thank you for the answer – I follow the link & I tried with the envato toolkit method and with the fizella but it does not work – I do not still succeed in finding the contents of my portfolio and in administering via wordpress with slide manager – there are not photos anymore when I try to change slides. On the other hand all the photos are in media – What is the solution? It is rather urgent. Thank you

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The best way would be to delete your current version of the theme and then install via the Envato Toolkit. Once the theme has been updated, the slide sets will work again.

If you’re still struggling, I can upload it via FTP, but I can’t guarantee when that will be. The above “delete the current theme” should do the trick, don’t worry about settings, they’ll be fine. The only thing you may need to do is to apply your widgets to sidebars again, this is because WordPress thinks it’s a different theme ( because of the directory correction ).

I hope that helps?

Clausse
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Ok but where it is possible to delete the current theme? Moreover i have this message “The following plugin needs to be updated to its latest version to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: Visual Composer.” – If you can make that via FTP i prefer – I don’t understand how it’s possible to lose data when we update a theme – Moreover i use child theme – Please

Clausse
    Participant

Hi Tom –

i don’t understand – The theme (epix) is upgraded and visual composer too ( i have the last version) – wordpress is the last version – AND it’s impossible for me to manage with slideset manager and my page portfolio don’t work – it’s a big problem because i sell my photo with this site (it’s my job) – if it’s possible i can give you my login – PLEASE HELP ME – Thanks a lot

Clausse
    Participant

ANDY?TOM?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You’re not using the latest version, you’re using 1.2 and the latest is 1.3.2.

PLease goto Appearance > Themes > Select “ePix” > Theme Details and in the bottom right of the pop window, there is a “delete” link. Delete the theme and install via the Envato Toolkit.

This will then give you the latest version of the theme and the latest version of Visual Composer.

If that fails, please provide your FTP and WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

Clausse
    Participant

Hi ANDY –

i’m happy to read you – i have tried to install the last version (1;3;2) with envato but i think that the problem is i’m working with the child theme & when i activate the last version, my child theme disappear – if you’re agree i send you in private my login – Thanks a lot

Clausse
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve now upgraded you to the very latest version of the theme ( it’s not been released yet ). The only thing you need to do is goto Appearance > Widgets and re-order your widgets back into the relevant sidebar ( unfortunately this couldn’t be helped ).

The slide sets are now working, however this plugin was causing the issue “Virtue / Pinnacle ToolKit”. I’ve not disabled it and they’re appearing again.

If you’re now happy with that update, I’d remove the folders via FTP which are named – they are no longer needed:

ePix-WordPress 2
    ePix-WordPress 1

Clausse
    Participant

Hi Andy –

Thanks a lot – I’m happy that the slide set work – I’m agree that you remove the folder via FTP (BUT are you sure i don’t lose all my data : design+photo+page) – Can you explain me why the page PORTFOLIO doesn’t work (because i don’t make modification) – it’s necessary for me to have a portfolio for my work –

i hope read you as soon it’s possible

Clausse
    Participant

Hi Andy –

Now the porfolio works – i have change the name of the slide i have used for the grid (but i don’t understand why all the photo dissapear in the old slide ) – I’m agree that you remove the folder via FTP (BUT are you sure i don’t lose all my data : design+photo+page) –

i hope read you as soon it’s possible

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m glad it’s working now πŸ™‚

Yes, you can delete the following folder ( these only ) and you will not lose your pages etc. If you’re unsure, please make a backup by downloading those folders to your computer and then delete from the FTP. If something doesn’t go right, you can always upload them. However, they’re no longer in use πŸ™‚

ePix-WordPress 2
    ePix-WordPress 1

Clausse
    Participant

HI ANDY —–HELP!

I have follow your recommandation – i have delete the two folder “ePix-WordPress 2 & ePix-WordPress 1″ but now it’s impossible to open the different page in the main menu – i don’t understand – So, i have upload them (ePix-WordPress 2 & ePix-WordPress 1) again AND i have the same problem ” we’re sorry but that page could not be found” – If this problem is not resolve i risk to lose customer – PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND A ANSWER – Thanks a lot
    http://claussejeremy-photography.com/home-classic-boutique/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2020 Acoda