Home Forums ePix Support Portfolio Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tooty
    Participant

I recently upgraded both ePIX and WordPress to the latest versions. Since then, I have been encountering issues when adding a new image to my portfolio/gallery. The images I previously included work fine, but when I add a new image and designate a category, the gallery page won’t load at all! This is incredibly frustrating as I simply cannot add any new photographs. Please help!

A temporary username has been added so you can inspect the site;
    USERNAME: demo
    PASSWORD: demo

Tooty
    Participant

Sorry, the effecting site is: http://www.becgordonphotography.com/gallery/

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

That’s a strange issue, can you please post your FTP details and I’ll investigate for you.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Tooty
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

I finally worked it out ( I can’t believe I didn’t spot it sooner ). The images you’re using are nearly 5000 pixels wide and the script that runs the image resizing is failing because it can’t cope. I discovered that when I used a smaller image, the page loaded again.

You’ll need to resize your images prior to uploading to WordPress, otherwise you’re going to run into issues with the image resizing script failing.

Tooty
    Participant

I should have spotted that too. The photographer had been uploading these images to apply herself – I wasn’t taking much notice into the resolution.

Thanks very much for looking into it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda