Home Forums ePix Support Private Gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DelWag
    Participant

Hi

I would like to create private galleries on my website that will be password protected for Clients. Each gallery will have between 50 and 150 images uploaded to them. I would like to display the images in each gallery using a carousel at the top part of the page and a grid at the bottom. I really don’t want to have to create a slide set for each new gallery and add pictures individually to the slide set.

At the moment I think I need to use a post to separate the images and then use the post id to get the gallery working. Unfortunately at the moment all I seem to be able t see in the carousel is the feature image.

Once I’ve got this working I then want to add prices to each image.

Please can you give me some pointers.

Thanks in advance

Del

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Del,

By far the easiest and quickest way of building up image galleries that large is to use 3 slide sets. As you can just add the images in quickly and link them all together on a single page within a gallery.

Using posts will take you a long time as you have to have 1 post for each image as they will get picked up from the featured image.

To password protect a page, create a new page > At the top right of the page under the Publish box > Edit Visibility > Password Protect and choose a password > Save and preview page.

Kind regards,
    Tom

toinet
    Participant

Hi Tom, I’ve got the same issue for a client gallery, but i didn’t understand the first part of your answer.
    What I previously did is to add +250 images in a slider set, which is freakin’ long to set up (one click per image to add them one by one). I want to display them in grid. It works but it’s soooo long to set up. I also would like to disable right click for images protection, could you help me about that too ?

Thanks a lot.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I do not recommend adding 250+ images on a single page, I would be very surprised if the users computer, internet connection and your server can handle that amount of images. I mean linking slide sets together. I.e, creating 3 with 30 images in each, then selecting all 3 when creating your gallery.

You can add a 3rd party plugin that can disable the right click but there are still ways around to steal images online so you are never 100% protected. This one may help?

Kind regards,
    Tom

toinet
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for right click “disabler”, I know it’s not 100% safe but can still help.

For the big amount of images, I really don’t have the choice, I’m a photographer providing password protected galeries to my clients around the world, sometimes it’s their only way to watch the pictures. I know (and I seen) that the loading of that test page is really slow… Don’t you know any plugin who allow me to show this amount of pics ? Thanks a lot, regards.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you make sure your images are of a small ratio and you connect a lot of slide sets together this can be achieved but as a warning, if you have lots of large images loading you may run into problems.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda